Hi, I am new here
miroir Offline

Threads: 5
Hi, I am new here
So new that I haven't read anyone else's posts cuz I thought if I let myself read, I might never step up and declare myself and it's time for me to make some changes about how I am, so the reinvention is experimenting with not hiding. I read the guidelines so I felt a bit safer and I appreciate that you have those so someone can start out and not get it too wrong right at the beginning. I'm Alice and I picked miroir for us here because when I come out, it's through a looking glass. I can't see the other side before I come through so I've had to learn to be ready for anything, which I hope I can apply here as I'm kind of scared about trying this. But then, if this message appears, I got over myself! Oh yeah, it said to say if I'm new to DID and I'm not. Well of course, but what I mean is there is therapy for it, and lists, and a how to get home kit, and stuff to help keep track and formulate something approaching a cohesive look to the outside world. In general I'm stuck but ok. Thanks for having this site and for writing in it as it seems to me it is generous of you all to write semi publicly rather than in private messages, and that helps people like me looking for ... what this seems to be. Alice
07-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Hi, I am new here
hi Alice,
welcome to MM and glad you decided to post Smile! it can be scary at first, especially the semi-private stuff, but people are friendly and you get used to it.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Happy  RE: Hi, I am new here
Welcome Alice!
Glad you found your way here. I have found terrific support from those who truly understand. Hope it helps you too.
See you on the boards.
07-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Find Reply
miroir Offline

Thanks
Thank you nats and Reilly, I appreciate the welcome. I have started having a look around and I can see it could be good here. In a way that nowhere else is. Alice.
07-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Welcome Alice. I am glad you found MM and decided to post. We look forward to seeing you on the boards.
Tangled Web
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
07-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Hi, I am new here
Hi Alice,

Welcome to the forums. We're glad that you've joined us.

MDs
07-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Website Find Reply
miroir Offline

Hi Tangled Web and MDs. Thank you for saying hi too.

I wonder if some of you here might have opinions about the most sensitive way for me to ease in. I don't know how to step from here to the Town Square, or wherever I should be. Without asking to be looked after; I am definitely not asking that; I would like to know whether it would be better to start a new conversation or to join in one. It feels as if it might be a bit presumptuous to join in with comments, especially not feeling particularly experienced at talking, but also presumptuous to start a new conversation that I imagine may be a repeat of several here over the years. I am probably over-thinking this and in an effort to not be offensive, I am being wishy-washy. I'll work on it!
Alice
07-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hi Alice,
not to worry at all. we all felt awkward when we first started and most of us probably had very similar thoughts - we certainly did.

there are as many approaches as there are members - it's normal to add your thoughts to current threads. it's also fine to start something new, even if it's a repeat of something that's come up before, it's likely that it will be new for more than just you Smile.

town square is a good place to start, but if one of the other forums seems to fit better then that's great too. we noticed the kids forums seem super quiet these days - not sure why.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Hi, I am new here
Agreeing with nats. Alice, whatever approach seems most comfortable for you.

MDs
07-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Website Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Hi Alice. Welcome and nice to meet you. I felt very awkward at first here so I understand how you feel, but just chime in if you have an opinion, an anecdote, or feel like lending support. At the same time the forum is a wonderful place to vent, ask questions, and get support for yourself. Looking forward to seeing you around. Best wishes. Igraine.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
07-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Hi Alice. People here are pretty open to hearing things and actually look for others people's opinions and experiences, speaking from my experience. We find this a great place to get support for things and help others also. I hope this helps you make the transition to the other boards.
Tangled
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
07-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Find Reply
miroir Offline

Thanks everyone. It's so nice of you to take the time to reply. I'll see if i can move on over to another area.
A
07-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Find Reply