Which type of adhesive to use for my project
Kay Manuel Offline

Threads: 1
Which type of adhesive to use for my project
Hello there! This project is driving me crazy! I have a piece of plywood which I intend to make into a coffee table by putting some kind of concrete on the top and then getting pieces of stained glass (offcuts from a local supplier), beads, etc and pushing them into the concrete (or whatever) in various shapes (not all over like a proper mosaic) Then I want to do a wishy washy type paint on the top and epoxy over all. Problem is I dont know what type of concrete stuff to use. HomeDepot, Lowes, etc keep giving me stuff that seems wrong - ie. dries in 20 mins - definitely too quick for my rate of work! Can anyone help. I am lost and have looked for something similar on tens of concrete websites but can't find anything similar, think I need something more 'crafty' so here I am. Thanks to all that take the time to answer me.Smile
05-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Find Reply
finlyalive Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Which type of adhesive to use for my project
When we did the quickcrete stepping stones for the kids, we used, well...quickcrete. It didn't set up as quickly as they said it would and we had plenty of time to add lots of little glass beads and handprints, footprints, names, dates and pictures. if you do a small part at a time as opposed to all over at one time? Sounds like a great project!
Fin

Only as high as I reach, can I grow.
Only as far as I seek, can I go.
Only as deep as I look, can I see.
Only as much as I dream, can I be.
--Karen Ravn
05-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
Ummmm, look up Lisa Vollrath on Google. I think her site might be lisavollrath.com but not sure. She talks a lot in her blog and other open posts about adhesives. It sounds like you need the stuff she describes as the Glue Everything Adhesive, and I think she uses a number for it, but can't recall details. It comes in tubes and smells funny wet but dries clear and odorless.
05-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Find Reply
Kay Manuel Offline

Threads: 1
Thank you so much for your reply. I will check out Lisa Vollrath.
05-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
Sorry I can't give you proper info to purchase directly.....You know how the mind can be indirect sometimes!
05-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Find Reply