well i can see the countertops in the kitchen now
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
well i can see the countertops in the kitchen now
so now i can feel like i accomplished something in the house, right?

i wish i had someone inside who loves cleaning that would take over some days...

or better yet, i wish i had the wherewithal to keep the place from getting so cluttered in the first place.

i did it once for about two weeks - and it was so exhausting and i felt so UNfulfilled by it, i couldn't keep it up

in the battle between the cleaning fairy and the dust bunnies, guess who wins at my house Confused
04-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: well i can see the countertops in the kitchen now
We totally identify. With us, it's accumulated newspapers, magazines, junk mail (which we shred or recycle), and documents to be filed.

We've come to learn that our designated "cleaning people" don't like cleaning any more than the rest of us do. Sigh.

Sending good thoughts.

MDs
04-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Website Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: well i can see the countertops in the kitchen now
I just gave up. I just try to keep the big chunks under control and that's it. At my house I don't have mere dust bunnies, I have actual dust dinosaurs in reference to both their actual size and date of inception. Sigh...if only one of my people was interested in cleaning, but mostly they are children and teenagers, so you know where that leaves me.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
04-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Friendship/Support  RE: well i can see the countertops in the kitchen now
Hi Igraine.
My son had a part who was a terrific cleaner. I really appreciated the fact that he kept a super neat bathroom. Sadly, this young part now prefers to remain playing inside. Good for him bad for me. The main part out currently believes he is entitled to maid service (guess who is the maid!!!) If it falls on the floor it remains there. Clothes pile up on the bathroom floor. I won't even mention all of the towels he goes through for his showers. Somehow I have managed to find humor in this. It helps me to keep my sanity. So, I spend a good portion of my day cleaning up after him and hoping someday he will complete his own chores or my clean little one will make an appearance and help me out.
I have learned not to sweat the small stuff. If my home is not as sparkling clean as I would like so be it.
04-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Happy  RE: well i can see the countertops in the kitchen now
Hey, as long as the dust bunnies and dinosaurs never attain sentience, then I'm pretty well cool with the whole thing[/i]. Smile
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
04-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Find Reply