Middle of he night
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Middle of he night
Well, here I am again...up half the night. It would drive me nuts except I have MM here to write things on. Even my pets are all sound asleep like decent creatures should be. I'm not found of nights if I'm not asleep. They tend to MAGNIFY issues for some reason...issues that shrink a bit once the morning sun hits them. In all my years as a emergency responder I always noticed that my patients would put up with all manner of things as long as it was daylight, but once night hit, that was their breaking point and when 911 would get called. Nights stretch out long and lonely. I think we feel more isolated and vulnerable at night. It's only natural and I suppose in some cases other more traumatic associations have been made. I've tried a couple of chat rooms, but pardon my saying, there are some real whankers and nasty rude people out there who just want to shock others and hide behind there screen names. I feel better here. Well, for all of you who are asleep, sweet dreams, and for those of you still up, best of luck getting to sleep. Night night.

PS: I still want to know about the black wardrobe thing so pipe up if you can.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2013, 02:29 AM by Cammy.)
04-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Friendship/Support  RE: Middle of he night
Sorry you are having difficulty with sleep.
I can definitely relate about feeling vulnerable at night. Thank goodness the night darkness comes to an end with the morning sun. The brighter the day the more optimistic I am.
Hope you get some rest soon.
04-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

RE: Middle of he night
Thanks Reilly. Part of the deal is from working night shifts for many decades. It's like I'm still ready to go on a call even though I'm retired. Thanks for asking.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
04-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
(04-02-2013, 06:56 PM)Igraine Wrote: Thanks Reilly. Part of the deal is from working night shifts for many decades. It's like I'm still ready to go on a call even though I'm retired. Thanks for asking.

guess our bodies get stuck in habits just like our brains do ;-). hope you can sleep in once the sun comes out.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
04-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Find Reply
jamdjohnson Offline

Threads: 2
Not sure what you mean by the night wardrobe thing. we have a hard time at night too. dont sleep well. hope you are feeling better.
04-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Hi J. Thanks for the support. I'm sorry about the confusion with the wardrobe thing - I had asked in another post if others here choose mostly black as their main clothing color since that is something that I do. I guess I should have explained better or just left the query on the original post. (Just FYI, so far the few replies I've received on the wardrobe color choice shows we seem to like darker colors.)

Anyway...thanks again. I just try not to fight the sleeping thing and find that posting here on MM really helps a lot especially at night. When I'm here at MM, even in the middle of the night, I don't feel like I'm so isolated or alone.
Heart
04-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KA happy of las night The People 0 1,313 06-14-2019, 04:21 PM
Last Post: The People
  Santa came last night The People 9 5,520 01-02-2018, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Silent Society