Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Just talking  RE: Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
(04-13-2013, 02:20 PM)tweeter Wrote: I would strongly suggest that you drop the "negative" concept. FM's boyfriend, and then fm, were fond of calling me negative because I would not comply.[....]

There's a heck of a difference between being negative and needing to defend self (but not being sure how to do this without acting in a way that is interpreted as negative), and really finding fault with everything.

We learned negativity from negative people. Erasing what's ingrained, especially what's ingrained since the earliest formative years, is easier said than done. Even the others within often fail to understand this dynamic.

Rachel, Drew, and others, writing together yet separately
04-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
(04-24-2013, 05:59 PM)MakersDozn Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 02:20 PM)tweeter Wrote: I would strongly suggest that you drop the "negative" concept. FM's boyfriend, and then fm, were fond of calling me negative because I would not comply.[....]

There's a heck of a difference between being negative and needing to defend self (but not being sure how to do this without acting in a way that is interpreted as negative), and really finding fault with everything.

We learned negativity from negative people. Erasing what's ingrained, especially what's ingrained since the earliest formative years, is easier said than done. Even the others within often fail to understand this dynamic.

Rachel, Drew, and others, writing together yet separately

Role models. I know them well. Yes, it's almost hardwired, or feels that way. Separating the self from those inner constructs, and understanding what it is in you that a given characteristic (negativity) binds to is tricky, because the latter should, imo, be retained and channeled into something good for the system, even if not often activated. I am well aware that what you are dealing with is sufficiently different from, and more complex than, my psychological architecture. I understand what you're saying, and offer encouragement and patience.
tweets
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 03:00 AM by tweeter.)
04-25-2013, 02:58 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
Thank you, tweeter.

Rachel, Drew, and others
04-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post