Friends who have difficulty
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Caution  Friends who have difficulty
One of my oldest friends means a lot to me. Her kids are like niece and nephews. With loss of family she and a few other friends are all I have.

We have never talked about my sexuality. I figure there is no point if I am not in a relationship. Why rock the boat? We live in different towns and I don't do well in committed relationships. I know the issue makes her uncomfortable so I just leave her alone.

She called me a few times this month. I knew something was up but the calls were always cut short for different reasons. I got an email from her today. I had a photo of the 2 of us on my FB page. Old friends. She emailed me and asked me to take it dow as in her words"I am never on Facebook and don't keep up with things". HUH???

I have strong opinions there on things like bullying and gay rights. But I also stand up on topics of girls being allowed to learn to read and people being cruel to animals (I also had opinions on the American election as it is more interesting than our Botox faced PM)

Anyway, I know she has probably made assumptions from my post. And I assume, but with knowledge of her, that she asked me to take the photo down if we weren't a couple.

People put photos up of themselves with their friends all the time. And family and dogs... It really hurt. I know thta it is a side of me that I will never share with her and that someday I may have to make a choice, That is why i don't come out to people IRL. if I am not in a relationship there is no point in rocking the boat and losing people I cherish. I could get mad because she is being red necked. She does try. She has accepted it as biological. It could have something to do with the fact that she was hit on by another women in the first weeks after she moved to the town we both lived in. But it still makes me sad.

But I yam what I yam.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-26-2012, 06:01 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Friends who have difficulty
ouch.

it's so hard to deal with the hurts that come due to other peoples stuff. even when it's clear that their actions are more abou their stuff than about you - the hurt is there

sorry that happened
11-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
i never want any pics of myself on FB even my mom's or brother's. it's a privacy concern. Just thought I would mention that as way of pointing out it may have nothing to do with relationships. You could ask her.
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
11-29-2012, 03:46 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
(11-29-2012, 03:46 AM)dreamers Wrote: i never want any pics of myself on FB even my mom's or brother's. it's a privacy concern. Just thought I would mention that as way of pointing out it may have nothing to do with relationships. You could ask her.

yes, agreeing here.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Who needs friends? The People 2 2,716 06-11-2017, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Cammy
Sad still staying with friends The People 1 1,973 10-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Last Post: mosaic
Sad "friends" The People 2 2,640 07-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Last Post: The People
Sad best friends The People 14 11,336 10-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn