T set retirement date
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Scared  T set retirement date
She'll retire at end of next year--which sounds like a long time, but it' not. If we had 2-3 more years with her, we could finish with the trauma work, the bulk of it. We won't finish in a year. We were just getting to some hard realities of who else abused us, etc. So many inside who haven't told their stories yet, etc. I know each doesn't have to, but there's more to tell.

We're having a hard time with this, hard not to just shut down and give up. The grief is unbearable. This sucks. It took so long to build trust and a safe space with her because of past bad experiences. Don't know if have the energy to start over with someone else, so we'll see how far we get, I guess. We were lucky to have her, and lucky she didn't retire sooner. But it still hurts.
10-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: T set retirement date
Oh Orek I am so very sorry!!!!!! I can't even imagine. Will she maybe just keep you guys on until you are done? Are you able to ask her? That might be a risk you need to take.
Sitting with you.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
10-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Sad  RE: T set retirement date
(10-29-2012, 11:43 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: Oh Orek I am so very sorry!!!!!! I can't even imagine. Will she maybe just keep you guys on until you are done? Are you able to ask her? That might be a risk you need to take.
Sitting with you.

No, that's not an option--I know from discussions about it over the years. Good chance she'll be retiring to her favorite overseas location, and there are other factors. No, I can't see that happening, but thanks for the thought and for responding and commiserating.

Maybe Davis will be able to talk about it some on Street. She feels more pissed than she's letting on, and none of us want to risk alienating our T by letting her express it! So maybe on Street one of these days....
10-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Doing okay  RE: T set retirement date
yo orek....that sucks man....if Davis yaps on the Alley ill yap back....

later

Twelve :}=O
10-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
Friendship/Support  RE: T set retirement date
so sorry orek!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Happy Up date to my treatment sharon/treehouse family 2 3,575 07-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Last Post: sharon/treehouse family