writing projects - Dreamscapes Collectives - 10-01-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: writing projects - Tangled Web - 10-04-2012, 03:49 AM
RE: writing projects - small porgies - 07-08-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: writing projects - small porgies - 07-08-2014, 11:10 AM
writing projects
small porgies Offline

Threads: 4
RE: writing projects
I am just discovering (about 8 months ago) that I may be a multiple. I decided that I would write (I'm an award winning screenwriter who has also written for Bizarro and Rhymes with Orange, daily one panel comics in the newspaper) a screenplay about a screenwriter with a writer's block, who decides to move back into the foster home he was raised in before being adopted. He had a foster sister who is Hispanic and they were close as blood brother and sister. She is hesitant to move back into this home that her foster brother inherited from his foster parents of many years gone by. The issue is, he is a multiple and his sister is a ghost. She has hovered over him for many years feeling that moving back to the home will wake him from a stupor he doesn't know he's in.
The problem is the story is about me. I have these seven child spirits that live in the attic. Without getting into it too much, when they manifest they are not very pretty but they are mostly harmless. The door to the attic is the amnesic barrier. The brother can't get into the attic but the sister can. There is also this large, Gothic, rotting tree house in this forest behind the foster home. The brother has no memory of the tree house but the sister does and has horrible nightmares about what lived in there and what happened to her.
So I write. I was writing this scene where the sister lets the spirits out of the attic and they follow her through the home, appearing as different colored spirit orbs. Then I feel like I'm getting somewhere and something is too close and I have to back away. I stop writing for months, then write two pages then give up. I know I'm writing about what happened to me but am having a hard time withe continuing.
07-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
writing projects - Dreamscapes Collectives - 10-01-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: writing projects - Tangled Web - 10-04-2012, 03:49 AM
RE: writing projects - small porgies - 07-08-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: writing projects - small porgies - 07-08-2014, 11:10 AM