writing projects
Dreamscapes Collectives Offline
Country of the Chaotic

Threads: 39
Just talking  writing projects
So we have the really big project that we have to have done by June. We are working on it slowly. The first part was easy to work on, but the second and third parts...they're really hard because the issues in the story kinda touch off some of our issues. I don't know how the writers managed to even write some of it. So we're having to go more slowly than we want to make sure we don't trigger people.

The second project is our fifth NaNoWriMo participation. We're going to finish the third book in our series, possibly finish a short story, and if we get that much done start the fourth book in our series. We're really looking forward to NaNo, it has become really important to Raye to participate and we always make sure to give her time if we aren't feeling bad. Hopefully we'll do a little better this year since we didn't spend the summer being sick.

We've also got various bits and pieces as well as character outlines and all kinds of information for several stories. We keep anything we've written with the intention to become a full-fledged story. It might be years before we get back to some things, but we keep it all anyway.

How do people come up with the ideas and characters behind their writing projects? I write mostly fiction, some of it fantasy. Some of my ideas are based on things that have happened to us in our life, some of them are based on us wondering "what if this happened?" and some are based on a character we haven't seen in anything we've read that we'd like to see get "air time".

Would love to hear thoughts on other people's projects and how they came up with a story concept or a character.

realms people (mostly the writers)
Volcano
Too many to count, too many to name, but we're all here just the same.
10-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: writing projects
When I write I use things like what could have been or what I dream in day dreams for fantasy stuff. I love painting pictures with my words and see it as such at times. I only write for fun or to get the thoughts out and I call them my lil blurps.
I don't think I really have a process, it is just there and a thought happens and then the idea of a story follows and I see it in my mind like a movie and write what I see. So I guess that is my process.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
10-04-2012, 03:49 AM
Find Reply
small porgies Offline

Threads: 4
(10-01-2012, 07:00 PM)Dreamscapes Collectives Wrote: So we have the really big project that we have to have done by June. We are working on it slowly. The first part was easy to work on, but the second and third parts...they're really hard because the issues in the story kinda touch off some of our issues. I don't know how the writers managed to even write some of it. So we're having to go more slowly than we want to make sure we don't trigger people.

The second project is our fifth NaNoWriMo participation. We're going to finish the third book in our series, possibly finish a short story, and if we get that much done start the fourth book in our series. We're really looking forward to NaNo, it has become really important to Raye to participate and we always make sure to give her time if we aren't feeling bad. Hopefully we'll do a little better this year since we didn't spend the summer being sick.

We've also got various bits and pieces as well as character outlines and all kinds of information for several stories. We keep anything we've written with the intention to become a full-fledged story. It might be years before we get back to some things, but we keep it all anyway.

How do people come up with the ideas and characters behind their writing projects? I write mostly fiction, some of it fantasy. Some of my ideas are based on things that have happened to us in our life, some of them are based on us wondering "what if this happened?" and some are based on a character we haven't seen in anything we've read that we'd like to see get "air time".

Would love to hear thoughts on other people's projects and how they came up with a story concept or a character.

realms people (mostly the writers)
07-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Find Reply
small porgies Offline

Threads: 4
I am just discovering (about 8 months ago) that I may be a multiple. I decided that I would write (I'm an award winning screenwriter who has also written for Bizarro and Rhymes with Orange, daily one panel comics in the newspaper) a screenplay about a screenwriter with a writer's block, who decides to move back into the foster home he was raised in before being adopted. He had a foster sister who is Hispanic and they were close as blood brother and sister. She is hesitant to move back into this home that her foster brother inherited from his foster parents of many years gone by. The issue is, he is a multiple and his sister is a ghost. She has hovered over him for many years feeling that moving back to the home will wake him from a stupor he doesn't know he's in.
The problem is the story is about me. I have these seven child spirits that live in the attic. Without getting into it too much, when they manifest they are not very pretty but they are mostly harmless. The door to the attic is the amnesic barrier. The brother can't get into the attic but the sister can. There is also this large, Gothic, rotting tree house in this forest behind the foster home. The brother has no memory of the tree house but the sister does and has horrible nightmares about what lived in there and what happened to her.
So I write. I was writing this scene where the sister lets the spirits out of the attic and they follow her through the home, appearing as different colored spirit orbs. Then I feel like I'm getting somewhere and something is too close and I have to back away. I stop writing for months, then write two pages then give up. I know I'm writing about what happened to me but am having a hard time withe continuing.
07-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Find Reply