grrrrrrrr!
Dreamscapes Collectives Offline
Country of the Chaotic

Threads: 39
Other/All/Unsure   grrrrrrrr!
We don't like to cry in general. It feels like a weakness, baring your neck to the enemy.

What we don't like even more is when we're just doing our normal thing and we get this sudden upwelling of sadness and our eyes fill up and we have no idea where it's coming from!

*sigh*

we hate to cry!
Volcano
Too many to count, too many to name, but we're all here just the same.
10-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: grrrrrrrr!
Hearing you. We also hate to cry. When we were a kid, outside people belittled us for crying.

Sitting with you.

MDs
10-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Website Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Agree  RE: grrrrrrrr!
Yeah, feel that. In a way, for us, it's better than the pressure of repressed anxiety and fear that so often rules us. The sadness means something is near the surface, close enough to touch, and not miles away causing unknown chaos below (though there's still plenty of that!). We recently cried hard in therapy, after 7 years, first time like that. Feels very... lumpy and too noticeable. Don't like feeling that "visible." But if it's in a safe place I guess it's progress. So the story goes.

Also, when the feelings are too pushed away and clamped down, we tend to resort to escape routes that are unhealthy, like we can't connect the pressure with what happened in the past. When the tears are close by, it's easier to remember that connection and pick up a journal instead to try and write out feelings for therapy or whatever. But maybe that's just us.

Do get the unease with it, however. Definitely get that.
10-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: grrrrrrrr!
We also hate cry very much and can relate to the feeling of being exposed, like now this barrier came down and everyone can see how to hurt you. Or how hurt you are. I hate that feeling.
There must be something in the air because lately I have been going about my business and my eyes have started to fill up on numerous occassions. Just had a conversation about it with my T and told her to tell me what the hell was wrong with me! She says theres nothing wrong but it sure as hell feels like there is.
Sitting with you
Tangled
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
10-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Find Reply