Messages In This Thread
this may be a stupid question - elizabeth - 09-18-2012, 02:43 AM
RE: this may be a stupid question - Tangled Web - 09-18-2012, 06:50 PM
this may be a stupid question
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: this may be a stupid question
Hi elizabeth and Jamie. Threads are not fed into google here. The whole site can be found on google if you type in Mosiac Minds and guests can see some of the boards without registrating. Some boards are kept private like things you post in IH and the kid boards, but all other boards are available to the public. There are some guidelines listed on internet safety and what you should not post, if you think that would be helpful reading.
People sign in here under assumed names and even if they didn't we would never really know......This site is available for people ALL over the world and it would be extremely difficult to figure out that you were the person they might think you are.
When I first questioned this as a new member, I had my reservations also, but after some thought, I choose to post what I post based on what I want the world to know and talk in gerenal terms. I guess for me the benefits out way the risks. I do know that we have discussed with the Admins and Mods alot and the reasoning behind letting others/public see some of the boards is to promote new members joining. Our old site was dying and we needed a way to rejuvinate it. There were other reasons that I just can't think of right now........But
I hope this helps.
Any other Mod or Admin want to jump in here and fill in anything I left out....please feel free!
Tangled Web
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
09-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
this may be a stupid question - elizabeth - 09-18-2012, 02:43 AM
RE: this may be a stupid question - Tangled Web - 09-18-2012, 06:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They say there's no such thing as a stupid question... Five of Hearts 2 2,208 09-08-2019, 03:44 AM
Last Post: The People