Miss having a t
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
Miss having a t
we haven't been in T since the first of the year - we don't really feel like we NEED t but we miss having someone to talk to about things...

through an odd set of circumstances it feels more like we're colleagues with our old t, so it would be odd going back to see her again...

we miss having someone to talk to. we aren't in great distress, we just miss it.

bleh.
08-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Miss having a t
Would it be wrong or crossing any boundaries to see your old T as a colleague and chat with her? I understand having that feeling of missing having someone to talk to about things. I think that is the one of the reasons I still keep seeing my T.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
08-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
(08-30-2012, 03:21 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: Would it be wrong or crossing any boundaries to see your old T as a colleague and chat with her? I understand having that feeling of missing having someone to talk to about things. I think that is the one of the reasons I still keep seeing my T.

i dont know if it would be wrong or crossing boundaries... i think for me it just wouldn't fit -

it's like when i've gone back to colorado and visited my old t from there - they're great visits, but it's not the same kind of talking not sure if that makes any sense.
08-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hi mosaic, it makes sense..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
08-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
I think it makes sense. It is different talking to a colleague and a friend and talking a T. I understand. Maybe you should look into finding a T you can talk to. Or if you are just missing it I understand that also.

There was the time in my life when I had stopped self injurying and when I got through it where it wasn't so hard to not to do it, I realized I had started missing it. I know this isn't the same thing but it was a way to cope and in the moment and it helped me. There are still times to this day I miss it.....but I know I will not back to that again because there are healthier ways. I guess what I am trying to say is that I understand and that it is ok to go back to T if you want to or need to and it is ok just to miss it.
Sorry for rambling
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Find Reply