Microsoft sleigh ride
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Just talking  Microsoft sleigh ride

No updates, until I upgraded from Norton 360 5 to version 6. Yeah, fm had offered to get it for me and I decided to take it.
Thing is, version 5 on my Dell had some major changes online, but Toshiba didn't get this. shrug.

Yup, upgraded Toshiba, and the next day, there was Microsoft Updates in all its glory. 65 updates, of which I took 63. It took hours, literally. Part of it was my fault. Anyhow, Microsoft tried to sneak in Windows 9; my computers can't even handle Windows 7. Also have to look out for updates to Microsoft Office 2010, which I don't have, and won't get on these computers. I knew of the one re fonts. That's one mess I skipped.
They really should customize the updates accordingly.

tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 02:51 PM by tweeter.)
07-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Microsoft sleigh ride
Yup, upgraded Toshiba, and the next day, there was Microsoft Updates in all its glory. 65 updates, of which I took 63. It took hours, literally. Part of it was my fault. Anyhow, Microsoft tried to sneak in Windows 9; my computers can't even handle Windows 7.

Howdy,

Microsoft update sucks, IMO. We just skip over most of them, becuz most are for stopping problems that come from the user clicking on an unsafe link. Common sense is the best update of all.

Windows 9? We think you mean IE9. That's the latest version of IE. There is no Windows 9....in fact, Windows 8 hasn't even been released yet.

Anyway, glad you got through it all.

Laura and others
07-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Agree  RE: Microsoft sleigh ride
(07-23-2012, 05:44 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Yup, upgraded Toshiba, and the next day, there was Microsoft Updates in all its glory. 65 updates, of which I took 63. It took hours, literally. Part of it was my fault. Anyhow, Microsoft tried to sneak in Windows 9; my computers can't even handle Windows 7.

Howdy,

Microsoft update sucks, IMO. We just skip over most of them, becuz most are for stopping problems that come from the user clicking on an unsafe link. Common sense is the best update of all.

Windows 9? We think you mean IE9. That's the latest version of IE. There is no Windows 9....in fact, Windows 8 hasn't even been released yet.

Anyway, glad you got through it all.

Laura and others

Hi,
I always get IE and Windows #s mixed up. Darn. Computers can't do IE 9 either.
If I had bucks, would get two top-of-the-line new laptops, one high power regular, and the other light enough to carry around (this type doesn't come with a disc slot), like the 10" Acer (if that still exists).
I don't care for tablets. They are a visual disaster for me, and a regular keyboard is required.

Thanks for encouragement,
tweets
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
07-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still o my wild ride The People 0 1,350 08-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Last Post: The People
Question Microsoft Updates tweeter 4 5,060 07-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Last Post: tweeter