I have a question
sharon/treehouse family Offline

Threads: 15
Question  I have a question
my T says that when I swich to another my eyes move rapidly and they flicker...*shuging*

I was wondering if everyone is the same way? or differnet

Debbie
silliness wakes up your brain. Fantasy is a ingredient in living, looking through a telescope the wrong way. When you do, it helps you to laugh at life. Smile

The Tree house family
07-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: I have a question
it is my understanding that systems are unique - and i imagine that would apply to what happens during a switch as well -

back when we switched a lot more i think it happened very fluidly - my t could recognize us but she never said anything about what it looked like.

anyway, i guess i'm trying to say that there's no "regular" way a switch happens -

it's a good question. i wonder what others experiences are
07-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Find Reply
sharon/treehouse family Offline

Threads: 15
thanks mosaic,
I would think it would be different for everyone else. I wonder what thought others have as well

Debbie
silliness wakes up your brain. Fantasy is a ingredient in living, looking through a telescope the wrong way. When you do, it helps you to laugh at life. Smile

The Tree house family
07-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Find Reply
prideland Offline

Threads: 49
(07-15-2012, 11:24 PM)sharon/treehouse family Wrote: my T says that when I swich to another my eyes move rapidly and they flicker...*shuging*

Debbie

Hello Debbie,

our T says one of us uses our eyes to communicate, she learned to understand what was being said.

prideland people
Let a little sunshine out as well as in,
to create your own rainbows.
07-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Feedback  RE: I have a question
(07-15-2012, 11:24 PM)sharon/treehouse family Wrote: my T says that when I swich to another my eyes move rapidly and they flicker...*shuging*

Debbie

Hi, Debbie--Don't know how we missed this post before. Our T didn't say anything about our eyes (I don't think), but upfronters can feel the eyes start to do weird things when they start to go away because an insider is stepping forward. Sometimes just one eye seems to be moving around, sometimes both are flicking and moving rapidly. Sometimes the eyes can't stay open. But definitely the eyes signal a switch for us. I think this isn't unusual, though it's not the same for everyone, of course. But I remember reading this symptom of switching in books, so it must not be unusual, even if it isn't universal.

Sometimes the breathing is weird during the switch, too, like the shell can't get enough air and so is breathing sharply and rapidly. But I think this is more when the upfronters are fighting the switch, or having trouble stepping aside. Not sure.

Interesting topic. Thanks.
08-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Find Reply