I have a question
sharon/treehouse family Offline

Threads: 15
Question  I have a question
I don't know if I can ask it here. but, sorry if I'm in the wrong place.
I'm the host of the body. My body is 36 (37 at the end of the month). for a 36 year old I'm not geared as a adult. I'm more at the other end of the scale. I have a great imagination that I never lost.

for example:

I dye my hair violet. I meet a Irish man. We began to talk and before you know it this is what I asked him "If he found me gold yet". If not, walk the plank of me ship and find me pot of gold and go ask his lepercone friends where it is...lol Because my head is full of dust bunnies and rainbows...lolol I couldn't stop laughing. He was pretty good about it he was joking around with it to. I just meet him that one time...I can only guess what he was thinking...but anyways....

I'm always like that...
I would think a 36 year old would have that sense of that was then this is now and stop playing with toys and get with the game...

I guess I was wondering if anyone else is serous or like me the other way. wondering what a five eyed alien cartoon would look like and start laughing at what I'm thinking of...not kidding I do it all the time!! or in the middle. or no imagination and completely the other way.. just wondering if it's different with everyone else?

sorry rambling...

sharon/ tree house family.
07-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
RE: I have a question
Hi, sharon/tree house familySmile Nice to meet you.

We don't "free range" with our imagination quite like that, but we appreciate that sense of wonder and imagination that kids have that adults seem to lose, and we work to tap into that and not be so anxious and lacking in spontaneity. I love the line, "my head is full of dust bunnies and rainbows." That, for me anyway, speaks to a mind affected by the accumulation of the past and the resultant dissociation, as well as one tuned into a creative appreciation for the here and now and hope for a happy future. For sure that should be a book title! lol.

It's good you can tap into the children's energy, and perhaps your task will be to learn to balance that with the maturity and awareness of the adults in your system. We all have balancing acts to learn. Our upfronters need to tap *more* into the children's energies. Look forward to getting to know you all better!--orek
07-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: I have a question
Hi Sharon,

Good question. Our body age is 50, and we look perhaps 10 years younger. Our oldest insider is 25, and 85 percent of our system is people under 18. Our preferred way of dressing is leggings/shorts and t-shirts.

So yeah, we appear a lot younger than we are. But then, we *are* a lot younger than we are, if you know what we mean. Wink

MDs
07-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Website Find Reply

(07-14-2012, 12:49 PM)orek Wrote: Hi, sharon/tree house familySmile Nice to meet you.

We don't "free range" with our imagination quite like that, but we appreciate that sense of wonder and imagination that kids have that adults seem to lose, and we work to tap into that and not be so anxious and lacking in spontaneity. I love the line, "my head is full of dust bunnies and rainbows." That, for me anyway, speaks to a mind affected by the accumulation of the past and the resultant dissociation, as well as one tuned into a creative appreciation for the here and now and hope for a happy future. For sure that should be a book title! lol.

It's good you can tap into the children's energy, and perhaps your task will be to learn to balance that with the maturity and awareness of the adults in your system. We all have balancing acts to learn. Our upfronters need to tap *more* into the children's energies. Look forward to getting to know you all better!--orek

Hi orek,

yea that makes sense about the range I have more littles,tweens and teens then adults. I have less adults in my system and the rest is 18 and below. I have never really thought of the balance in the system. People and friends ask me all the time what is going in your head and that is what I say "dust bunnys and rainbows". that look at me I would say" if you were in my head it would be like the willy wonnka movie" I've always had that energy and imagination and I laugh at myself then turn around and tell every body I guess is my sence of humor.
but in situations there is inners that take over when things have to be done.

That s a great Idea for a book title...lol

I hope to get to know you to Smile

sharon/tree house family
07-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Find Reply

(07-14-2012, 06:23 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Hi Sharon,

Good question. Our body age is 50, and we look perhaps 10 years younger. Our oldest insider is 25, and 85 percent of our system is people under 18. Our preferred way of dressing is leggings/shorts and t-shirts.

So yeah, we appear a lot younger than we are. But then, we *are* a lot younger than we are, if you know what we mean. Wink

MDs

I can relate to orek...my body is 36 I look like I'm in my late 20's I have adults but I also have a inner that is 47 and a male inner that is 50 but I want to say 90% under 18 as well. I to dress the same way as you. my friend MDs . take care. that's for sharing.

sharon/ tree house family
07-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Find Reply
Dreamscapes Collectives Offline
Country of the Chaotic

Threads: 39
(07-13-2012, 12:15 AM)sharon/treehouse family Wrote: I don't know if I can ask it here. but, sorry if I'm in the wrong place.
I'm the host of the body. My body is 36 (37 at the end of the month). for a 36 year old I'm not geared as a adult. I'm more at the other end of the scale. I have a great imagination that I never lost.
sharon/ tree house family.

Starting with this....our body is 38. Our oldest insider is an adult male in his late 70's, early 80's, but he never fronts. He's more internal support. Until recent years the people who ran the system and fronted the most were usually 16 or 17. We, too, have a large percentage of under 18 peeps. probably 85% to 90% are under 18, and of those about 80% are 12 and under.

We have three kids who were pretty young when we first started learning about being multiple. So we got away with a lot of silliness just because we had kids and we could let it out around them (safely of course). some of our inside kids would play with our outside kids. some of our teens would bounce off the walls with them (they loved to put on music and just dance and try and get the kids to dance with them).

we have NEVER felt the age that our body is. ALWAYS felt years younger, even in junior high. we love to write and we've always had a pretty active imagination. We only let it show around people we feel safe around, and it's taken years for us to find people that just accept us.

I'm ShayRisa and I'm 24. I used to be 17. Nobody knows how the whole aging thing works with us. I certainly hadn't wanted or was trying to become older, but it happened and all we can figure is that I needed the maturity that I didn't have when I was 17. *shrug*

We don't have a "host". Never really have. Mostly we rotate who fronts at any given time. Some of us are better at "adult" things than others so we all let people deal with what they can.

you sound very much like a free spirit! I personally think it's wonderful that you can have that kind of imagination.

One of our kids wants to know if you like purple unicorns. Rolleyes

Hope to get to know you better. Hope this response wasn't too long. Smile

ShayRisa
Volcano
Too many to count, too many to name, but we're all here just the same.
07-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Website Find Reply

hi ShayRisa,

I can really relate to what your saying because the ages that's in my system are young as well as yours. have never felt the need to not tell people my wacky and creative thought. I tell people if you have seem "Roger Rabbit" the movie long time ago that is how I can really desicribe it to 3d people around us. they can take it or leave it. (laughing). Most of the time they talk to me again. so, I guess it's all right. If they don't there lose. But, that is who I am.

I was texting my friend one day and I'm going on and on and sending and sending. He called me back and said "you do realize I haven't texted back in about 45 min". I said I know isn't it sad that I can create my own response and carry it on all by myself with out anyones help". we started Laughing and laughing almost wetting him self of what I was texting.

I see my self as a free sprite and creative and almost everyone in my system including my self is an artist with different skills. I have mostly girls in my system with a hand full of guys and us girls love purple. that's are favorite color. that 's mostly the color of our apartment. comprimizing with the guys as well. we love unicorns and other things like elephants, angels and pooh family....

Even though I'm the host (really just the name of the body). I keep always tell my T that I feel like a inner as well. because there is so many of us that I'm lucky if I get time out in 3d apartment and outside. She really didn't saying thing or didn't know that to say. That reminded me of that when you mentioned "There isn't really a host". I can really ID with that.

we also feel we chatter to much or ramble on and on. your good. my friend Smile
hope to hear from you soon as well as get to know you...take care

sharon/tree house family
07-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Happy  RE: I have a question
(07-15-2012, 11:50 AM)sharon/treehouse family Wrote: I was texting my friend one day and I'm going on and on and sending and sending. He called me back and said "you do realize I haven't texted back in about 45 min". I said I know isn't it sad that I can create my own response and carry it on all by myself with out anyones help".

LOL....Glad you can keep yourself entertained. Smile

MDs
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2012, 09:14 PM by MakersDozn.)
07-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: I have a question
ShayRisa....interesting about how you aged from 17 to 24. Similar story behind why all of our bigs have done something similar: One from 21 to 25, one from 19 to 23, one from 18 to 23, and two from 17 to 23.

We also have someone who went from 18 to 17 for the opposite reason. She didn't have a true idea of what adulthood meant or what would be required of her. She's been a lot better off at 17.

MDs
07-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Website Find Reply

LOL....Glad you can keep yourself entertained. Smile

MDs
[/quote]

lol.....doesn't take much....lol...lol...Smile
silliness wakes up your brain. Fantasy is a ingredient in living, looking through a telescope the wrong way. When you do, it helps you to laugh at life. Smile

The Tree house family
07-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Find Reply

ShayRisa and MDs,

we have sliders like a inner is between 14 to 16 don't really know how old he/she is. In our family we have some like that. Is that what you mean or am I way off....

I remember some of high school that I was taking early childhood education and working in a daycare and I felt at home and running around with them. this is way before I learned I was a multiple.

I have no idea why I wrote that.....but someone wants me to leave it....
silliness wakes up your brain. Fantasy is a ingredient in living, looking through a telescope the wrong way. When you do, it helps you to laugh at life. Smile

The Tree house family
07-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: I have a question
(07-15-2012, 10:44 PM)sharon/treehouse family Wrote: we have sliders like a inner is between 14 to 16 don't really know how old he/she is. In our family we have some like that. Is that what you mean or am I way off....

Oh, we didn't even get into sliders when we posted earlier. We have a bunch of them. It varies as to how much sliding they do. Sometimes, it can be at any time, and sometimes it's only under certain circumstances, like feeling a particular emotion.

MDs
07-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Website Find Reply

I get confused I'm sorry ShayRisa and MDs. I hope I affend either of you.

debbie

The Tree house family
07-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: I have a question
debbie....no worries. You haven't offended anybody.

ShayRisa's system and our system have known each other (via MM) for over 10 years. So we're comfortable talking to each other. It's not meant to exclude anyone else....anyone is free to reply to any post.

Hope that you'll continue to join in as you see fit.

MDs
07-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Website Find Reply

thanks I will...Smile

debbie

The Tree house family
07-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Find Reply