Messages In This Thread
RE: Thearpist telling about herself in Thearpy - The People - 08-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Thearpist telling about herself in Thearpy
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Thearpist telling about herself in Thearpy
(07-14-2012, 01:08 PM)orek Wrote:
(07-01-2012, 09:38 PM)Deee6 Wrote: Yes I do think you are right about her telling me to let me know I can get thru it. I did not respond like I wish I had. I am almost afraid to bring it back up. She is awesome and I will see how next visit goes. Thanks for your reply. It helps to just talk things thru.

I agree with tangled web re: your T's probable intention. You're not meant to "take care of" her. But the fact that it was so confusing and felt so threatening boundary-wise is exactly why good T's are extremely careful and hesitant about when and if to share personal stuff. Your reaction and feelings are perfectly normal! I also agree that you might want to talk to her about it, let her know that you feel you "blew" your chance to react "better"--which I do NOT agree with but is the feeling I get from your post. She can both reassure you that she does not need you to react a particular way for her benefit and also help to unravel all the various threads that are tying you into a knot over this. I truly understand your reaction! Please believe it makes sense, and you have not done anything wrong. Take care--orek
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thearpist telling about herself in Thearpy - The People - 08-26-2012, 10:44 PM