hubby's shoulder
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
hubby's shoulder
hubby had shoulder surgery on tuesday this week - it went well, and the injury was not as severe as earlier thought. still we went through a real roller coaster over filling his after surgery prescriptions.

we took the scrips to pharmacy #1 - they took it and said it would be 30 minutes or so... so we ran some errands and came back and they handed the paper back to me and said they no longer accept our insurance... so why couldn't they tell me that in the first place?????

so we head to pharmacy #2. the pharmacy tech looks at it and says they can't fill it because two of the items are controlled substances and the Dr didn't put his DEA # on the prescription, and they don't know this Dr and blah de blah blah blah. they hand the prescription back to me.

i go home and call the Dr answering service (it's 8 pm by now)...

the dr calls and explains that he doesn't put his number on the prescription because people have used it fraudulently - and so he expects the pharmacy to call him ... i explained that the pharmacy didn't have his contact info... he asked for the pharmacy number...

then i take the prescription BACK to the pharmacy.... and they tell me the dr called but he wouldn't give them his number until they had the prescription in hand, so they have to call him back now....

sigh.... i was so frazzled by that point...

anyway, things are better now.
05-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: hubby's shoulder
Oh, good grief....

Your husband is recovering from surgery and you guys have to put up with all this nonsense?

Our sympathies. Glad he's doing better now.

Laura and others
05-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: hubby's shoulder
WOW! That is alot of hoops you had to jump through just get the prescriptions for your husband. I would have been totally frazzled also. Glad everything is beter now.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
05-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Friendship/Support  RE: hubby's shoulder
(05-31-2012, 11:04 AM)mosaic Wrote: hubby had shoulder surgery on tuesday this week - it went well, and the injury was not as severe as earlier thought. still we went through a real roller coaster over filling his after surgery prescriptions.

we took the scrips to pharmacy #1 - they took it and said it would be 30 minutes or so... so we ran some errands and came back and they handed the paper back to me and said they no longer accept our insurance... so why couldn't they tell me that in the first place?????

so we head to pharmacy #2. the pharmacy tech looks at it and says they can't fill it because two of the items are controlled substances and the Dr didn't put his DEA # on the prescription, and they don't know this Dr and blah de blah blah blah. they hand the prescription back to me.

i go home and call the Dr answering service (it's 8 pm by now)...

the dr calls and explains that he doesn't put his number on the prescription because people have used it fraudulently - and so he expects the pharmacy to call him ... i explained that the pharmacy didn't have his contact info... he asked for the pharmacy number...

then i take the prescription BACK to the pharmacy.... and they tell me the dr called but he wouldn't give them his number until they had the prescription in hand, so they have to call him back now....

sigh.... i was so frazzled by that point...

anyway, things are better now.

I feel badly that you've had to go thru this, and am not optimistic about improvement in the long-term.
For one thing, there is immense confusion and disorganization in general, because of unsettling of global economy and political structuring, leading to what trickles down to societal standards, or lack thereof. Dealing with drug plans, and their mercurial changes, can be a career in itself.
As you know, there has been increased concern over controlled substances (how they are prescribed, and used), the bottom line of which is that it is being made as difficult as possible to come by them, even legitimately.
An idea that just came to mind is if the doc is affiliated, or practices in a hosp. setting, it might be easier to obtain such medication prescribed by that doc at the hosp. pharmacy (if such exists), and accepts your insurance. Other than this idea of hope, I am just as dismayed as you are.

tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
06-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Hubby in hospital mosaic 7 5,077 06-26-2018, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Cammy