How on earth does it work?Undecided
05-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Happy  Hi from Joseph!
(05-27-2012, 03:31 PM)little monkies Wrote: How on earth does it work?Undecided

Hi to Rosie and Sam and everybody from Joseph! Yes it is different but it will be okay. Cuz this is what message boards are like now. And sometimes it is hard to change but just ask questions and someone will help.

And for techie stuff Lea is doing that and she is in The Warren. She can explain stuff real good!

Joseph Smile
05-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Website Find Reply
prideland Offline

Threads: 49
RE: Totally Lost with the new site

hi rosie and little monkies
it works differently but its good fun too.
from prideland people
Let a little sunshine out as well as in,
to create your own rainbows.
05-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
Friendship/Support  RE: Totally Lost with the new site
Poke around and find out. It is very different from the old program, and I think the best way to learn is to try different things out.

Here's some quick tips:

If you want to view a post in threads like the old forum you can click on "Threaded Mode" at the top right. If you want to switch back you click on "Linear Mode" again.

Clicking on the "Smilies" will insert that image into your post. To see more smilies than what is there click "get more".

The icons above the box where you write your post do different things. Like make you text bold, or a different size or color. You can also insert links, photos, and video. It's a bit like writing in Word or Word Perfect.

I guess someone should make a handy key for this that shows which icons to do.
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
05-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Other/All/Unsure   RE: Hi from Joseph!
(05-27-2012, 04:31 PM)MakersDozn Wrote:

Hi to Rosie and Sam and everybody from Joseph!

Oops. I did not write that so good. Rosie and Sam and everybody from little monkies. But I am Joseph saying hi.

Joseph Undecided
05-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Website Find Reply
little monkies Offline

Threads: 4
Question  RE: Totally Lost with the new site
Hello

I am just saying hello because I don't know if this is the way to reply. I cannot cope with change, especially technology. I am totally confused with all these icons, up above and to the left. What on earth do the options below mean? Do not subscribe etc? Thread subscription????

Not a clue, sorry, won't have a clue in a month of Sundays. Just found our my spell checker works

Hello anyway

Rosie
05-29-2012, 04:33 AM
Find Reply
little monkies Offline

[quote='little monkies' pid='2547' dateline='1338280421']
Hello

I am just saying hello because I don't know if this is the way to reply. I cannot cope with change, especially technology. I am totally confused with all these icons, up above and to the left. What on earth do the options below mean? Do not subscribe etc? Thread subscription????

Not a clue, sorry, won't have a clue in a month of Sundays. Just found our my spell checker works

Hello anyway

Rosie

P.S. How do I lose the "New member" title?
05-29-2012, 04:35 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hi Rosie,
so glad you found your way here! yes, it's all very odd at first but it does get easier. the volunteers who've been working on this site for the past few months are a lot more familiar with how things work so there are people around to help - not to worry.

you've done fine posting so far and most of the extra bits you can just ignore! the 'new member' thing is based on how many posts you've done (can't remember the number) so should disappear on its own after a few more postings. Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Hi Rosie,

Yeah, change can be hard. We understand. But we're happy to answer any questions.

MDs
05-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Website Find Reply
little monkies Offline

Other/All/Unsure   RE: Totally Lost with the new site
Thanks MD & Nats.
Feeling insecure with this change, it's like changing therapists. I know I haven't been around for a while posting but I do read. The intensity of pressure this last year at uni has knocked us out to be honest and I am trying to catch my breath. I am scared in case I post in the wrong place. I got my degree by the way, BA (Hons) 2:1. I graduate on July 10th. I have wanted to say that for a while but have felt unable due to how I have been feeling. Crazy really. Good to see you around. Our Ricky is jumping up and down saying "We could make a mistake, we could make a mistake" meaning on hear and she is scared, sorry but thanks

Rosie
05-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
It's okay to make mistakes everyone does it sometimes and everyone here is learning too so I expect some mistakes even by admins. So don't swaet it. Nothing bad happens and people will still like you. I would not be too scard about it cus it's safe place.
Byby
Sidra
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
05-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Rosie and Ricky,

We're seconding what sidra said. And congratulations on getting your degree. We know that you've worked hard for a long time.

MDs
05-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Website Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
congratulations on your completion of your degree and upcoming graduation! that is spectacular!

mosaic

p.s. to Ricky - i always be scard of making mistaks to but the bigs say it is ok to make mistaks heer no body wil get mad at us frum leelee
05-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Hi Rosie. It is very good to see you here again. I am thrilled you are done now and are graduating! That IS exciting. The new site has alot of lil "extra toys" (thats what I like to call them LOL). I know change can be hard.....But if you like I can try to walk you through it.

I am still learning too, so if I make a mistake I am sorry. Mistakes might happen but in my opinion that is how we all learn!
Subscribinng to a thread-- my understanding is that it will email you when someone has responded to your post and unsubscribing means the oppisite. If you have subscribe to a thread and now you don't want to be emailed anymore you can unsubscribe.

I would be happy to try to answer any more questions you might have.
Tangled Web(TW)
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
05-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

(05-30-2012, 03:36 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: Subscribinng to a thread-- my understanding is that it will email you when someone has responded to your post and unsubscribing means the oppisite. If you have subscribe to a thread and now you don't want to be emailed anymore you can unsubscribe.

And you can subscribe to a thread without receiving emails. This is what we do. When we come to the site, we click on User CP at the top of the page, and it shows all the threads that we subscribe to.

MDs
05-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is this site still active? Lauraetal 5 2,650 08-22-2021, 10:22 AM
Last Post: phoenix22
Question Going to old site The People 1 2,861 06-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Last Post: MakersDozn