About people caring
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   About people caring
Aside from your T or already spouse does it make you feel weird when people really REALLY appear to care about you? My Bday is coming. I just got a parcel from my sister. While she gets confused b/t what was given what is given she works so hard to ensure that I know that she cares about me.

I am spending a night with a friend as we are having pizza and wine for supper. On the DAY we have been invited by other friends to go for supper and a movie. 2 pizzas may be a bit much. But it means so much that these people care so much about me.

T gave us a cuddle quilt (good for winters in Canada when one is watching TV) As it is red (Red Is Best) Two has been taking it to bed. Our winter quilt is being washed by a friend as it had that 'packed' smell to it. However, the red quilt will be well used. T gave us other things, some she got for free like a bracelet.

These people care about us? Some even love us? So weird. But I can handle it now. Unlike years ago when I would go into hiding. Especially before I knew about 'We'. Anyone relate?

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
10-31-2019, 01:52 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: About people caring
i can definitely relate. before i knew about being "we", i told my then T about how a couple of friends from church took me to a movie. i cried as i told him. it was like it hurt to contemplate that they really cared about me.

i learned early not to trust my perceptions - when i shared what i perceived with my mother she would dismiss it with either "it's just your imagination" or "they're just being nice"

to this day i struggle to trust when i perceive that someone likes me... they might just be nice.
10-31-2019, 09:00 AM
Find Reply
phoenix22 Offline

Threads: 2
I too get that surprised feeling when anyone shows any form of care towards me. Also get slightly paranoid if any do...can never shake off the feeling they want something
11-01-2019, 03:30 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
agreeing with phoenix22, though we've gotten much better.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-02-2019, 06:37 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Some people win, some people lose The People 3 2,919 08-02-2018, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Collectively US