How should you answer dumb questions
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
SRA content  How should you answer dumb questions
Hizzy,
So, on a different messig bored someone asked us what red dot stuff is in public and wifout thinking we answered him and our post gotted taken off. We didn’t mean to get in trouble. So, um what should we do if someone asks that? We just said some people have a hard time with Easter and dos idiot boy said why cause there mom makes them wear dress up clothes and go to ch? And we got mad and said no actually... ( description would have to be on HHZ). We are mad cause we got in trouble but he was being taunting and we just don’t know what we should have said.
Katey and Lizzie
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
04-22-2019, 11:50 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: How should you answer dumb questions
it's difficult to answer that question without going into details. probably the best thing to say would have been something like bad things happened at Easter that i prefer not to talk about.

so sorry you had that happen.
04-23-2019, 08:51 AM
Find Reply
Chimera Offline

Threads: 2
I'm sorry you had that situation. It's only worse when people offer childish answers in response as if our traumas are on par with "being told to clean our rooms before we get TV".

I'd agree with the vague "This isn't about being made to wear dress clothes" but if that didn't work, the hard part is walking away. Not that we're always good at that either.
04-23-2019, 11:23 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Any of us who have been here for a long time have had posts pulled. Willingness to learn is growth. I was actually the one who made up the expression 'red dot.' I think it is important to educate people on the meaning of it. Right now the words won't come to me. Perhaps using scrolling which looks like this

This warns people that whatever comes next could trigger them. And then you could add something like r*tual*st*c SA.

Then suggest that they google it for further information as it is difficult to talk about.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-24-2019, 04:07 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Thanks everyone. I think if it had happened here on mm, my littles would have been more okay with it but it happened on a place that we are new on which is more triggering for us because our foo always made such a huge deal about making a good first impression. Like there were things we were allowed to do but not in front of “ new people “ or not when we were new. The trouble is that it is when you are still figuring out the rules somewhere that mistakes happen. Thanks for the support guys
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
04-24-2019, 03:57 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Did something dumb The People 2 2,439 05-01-2016, 04:31 AM
Last Post: nats
  Questions about tears The People 4 3,806 08-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Cammy