We needs help wif making a bifrfday gift for Daniel
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
We needs help wif making a bifrfday gift for Daniel
Hizzy,
Daniel is the outside big who cided to be our daddy cause we asked him to cause he is like mr Rodgers ( we thought he was mr Rodgers at first but our inside bigs said no he not. He didn’t even nos who mr Rodgers is... till we showed him.

Anyways,
Daniel is turning 80 dis year. And he always wanted to see da middle of the USA. But our big says he has to stay in England now cause his wife is disabled now. So he cannot takes da vakashun he wants to.

But we was reading a book called flat Stanley it’s about a pretend flat boy made of paper. Who can ride places in a envelope. After we read the ficial book we saw a website were lots of school outside kids make paper dolls of Stanley and then they take them home and pretend that Stanley is a real guest in their house for a week. At the end of each day they pretend to be Stanley’s secretary ( dat means someone helps someone else write by writing xactly wats Dey says) and they write in a travel journal about Stanley’s day. They write like Stanley’s writing and and like Stanley day did everything the family did describing what they did, what things looked like. What food they ate.

Sometimes the students would take a picture of Stanley next to something they thought was special about the town or place. Like kids who lived on an army base asked some soldiers to hold Stanley up on the obstacle course. After a week, they would mail Stanley and his journals to a different class somewhere else in the world. The new kids would read all about wherever Stanley was the week before and add to the journal about the new location.

So,if we can find someone at least one someone who lives in the middle of the USA who would like to help us our idea is that we could color flat Daniel and flat us together. Then our big could put the picture up on here

Then the big of the kids who want to help us could print out the flat us. And they could do the travel journal on a word doctor or notes file on iPhone or iPad.

Daniel said he would really want to stay a week in a small town so he could get a good idea of how people live there and what they do for fun. So if some littles and middles. Could make a week of journal entries it would be amazing. But if you want to stop after a day or 2 it would still help. We could do the whole thing online and not use snail mailbox.

Our big is saying iffing a teacher or parents who homeschool their kids maybe it could be an assignment for learning to write and also helping a disabled person ( we have cerebral palsy and use a wheelchair) and a senior citizen ( Daniel).

I am sure we could ask Daniel about Cornwall and do a flat Stanley journal about there if you or your class wants to know about where Daniel lives.

Sorry this was so huge and we really appreciate any help .
Dreamers ( middles and littles)
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
03-05-2019, 08:13 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: We needs help wif making a bifrfday gift for Daniel
Do you have a camera? Does your town have a library? Maybe you could take a picture from the book or magazine that talks about a special town. Maybe the town you live in. Do you have a big who drives you? We are not very good at crafty things but I think that whatever you do, Daniel will appreciate it.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-06-2019, 12:33 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Daniel has seen where we are California isn’t da middle. He cane here and NY an we offered him a store book and he said it is not da same. He said only talking to people and being somewhere is going to anser what it’s like to lib in a plase. Thanks though
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
03-06-2019, 05:31 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Hmmm. Do you drive or have somebody drive you? What is a nice small town around you? Where you could go and show him the beauty of where you live? Maybe choose about 1 spots and make it into a book.

Sometimes we have to accept that the gift isn't perfect but the effort is.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2019, 04:30 AM by The People.)
03-07-2019, 04:29 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A small gift The People 2 2,444 07-14-2017, 02:43 AM
Last Post: The People
  Coffee making tip #2 The People 2 2,492 01-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Last Post: The People