The Neighbour
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Scared  The Neighbour
We have a neighbour that we are friendly we. Talk about our cat, health issues to a small degree (her more than me). She will borrow milk and occasional other things. Irrelevant. That is how I am.

Today I was out of coffee. I knew this yesterday but I have been tired over these past few days so I didn't go for more yesterday. I called to see if she had any today but she only had instant.

She called when I was texting. I had the ringer turned off. I was responding to an email so I felt the vibration. I went downstairs when I checked the msg. She ripped my face off. Said she called 4 times. She has called other times but only 2x today.

I feel rattled from the way she yelled at me. I am going to turn off the TV and have a bath. I cannot remember the last time someone got that angry with me. Maybe a client when I was working.2 bosses I had years ago. I felt myself shrinking back. Pulled on boots and got the coffee.

Time to back off from her.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-29-2019, 07:29 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: The Neighbour
yikes.that does sound awful. is it really out of character for her, or do you not know her well enough to know if that is her pattern of behavior?

i would have shrunk back a lot if that had happened to me.
01-29-2019, 10:38 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
that is not nice at all. we would stop speaking to someone like that, but we have no friends so maybe not a good example. if this was abnormal, as in maybe something else was wrong, she'll hopefully apologise and you can decide what to do from there. if not, then not. we don't like shouters..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
01-31-2019, 05:50 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
She can be snappy but this was way out of line.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-31-2019, 07:39 PM
Find Reply