A symbol
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Question  A symbol
What is something that you have that is a symbol of where your life started to change for the better. It may feel like it has never changed for the better. However, if you look back on your path, I think you might be able to name at least a few things that have changed for the better. Even if it is finding MM so you can talk with like minded people.

Mine is my university ring. Post secondary education wasn't a big thing in my town. However, the year I graduated a lot of my friends went to university, trade school, nursing etc. I figured that since everyone else was doing it I should go to.

It was a difficult time in many ways. Wonderful in others. My ring signifies that my life's path took a 90 degree change in direction and got me away from my home town. If I had not gone to university I would likely still be living in my home town. Working at...well there are no jobs left there so I could be sitting at home watching TV all day. Not dealing with my issues.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
10-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: A symbol
i guess for me it would be my wedding ring.

even though marriage did not "fix" my problems, and in many ways complicated stuff, i have been blessed with a husband who stuck by my side through it all - the hospitalizations, the many, many therapies and therapists, etc.

married life has not been perfect - and we've had plenty of "downs" in the ups and downs of life. but it was a turning point for me in many ways.
10-30-2018, 02:41 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

He must be a very special man for you to trust him enough to marry him. And that he stayed by your side. And no matter how bad things were, you obviously worked at it. A good marriage doesn't mean perfection, it just means that you took your vows seriously and worked at things like lost wallets and hospitalizations. You should be proud of still having that symbol!

@---------->-
10-31-2018, 04:55 AM
Find Reply
earthandskyfolks Offline

Threads: 3
(10-29-2018, 03:35 PM)The People Wrote: What is something that you have that is a symbol of where your life started to change for the better. It may feel like it has never changed for the better. However, if you look back on your path, I think you might be able to name at least a few things that have changed for the better. Even if it is finding MM so you can talk with like minded people.

Mine is my university ring. Post secondary education wasn't a big thing in my town. However, the year I graduated a lot of my friends went to university, trade school, nursing etc. I figured that since everyone else was doing it I should go to.

It was a difficult time in many ways. Wonderful in others. My ring signifies that my life's path took a 90 degree change in direction and got me away from my home town. If I had not gone to university I would likely still be living in my home town. Working at...well there are no jobs left there so I could be sitting at home watching TV all day. Not dealing with my issues.

Hi,
We are new here but we thought we could respond to this.
For many of us, when we look at our art supplies, that’s a reminder of how things started to change for the better, even through many ups and downs, making art has been such an important part of our life.
We started painting with our first therapist and we are grateful for her encouraging us to paint and draw.
We aren’t professional artists or anything, it’s just been a big part of us growing and healing.

earthandskyfolks
11-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Hi Earth and Sky Folks. We used 'art' over the years too. Mostly it was littles who have no words. We write. Anything that can get things out is a gift. Nice to meet you1 Smile
11-07-2018, 02:55 AM
Find Reply
earthandskyfolks Offline

Threads: 3
(11-07-2018, 02:55 AM)The People Wrote: Hi Earth and Sky Folks. We used 'art' over the years too. Mostly it was littles who have no words. We write. Anything that can get things out is a gift. Nice to meet you1 Smile

Hello
And nice to meet you too!

earthandskyfolks
11-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What should DID symbol be? The People 36 18,688 07-22-2018, 04:29 AM
Last Post: The People