Rough spot
Collectively US Offline

Threads: 9
May trigger  Rough spot
We have had to come and live with our mom and sister recently it has not been easy. We want to know what more do you want more do you want from us, what or her crimes must we pay for when we have no idea what it is we have done to deserve such treatment. Some of us are afraid of the mom for all the things you've done. We do the right thing you get angry at us but your anger is misdirected. The sister well she looks at us with hate, yet she claims to love us....for helping others thst need help it becomes a problem...did you not teach me to help others along the way so why is it wrong now. I hate this life we have to live right now we feel like eggshells are under our feet. One min your good next min you mad and yelling blaming us for things out of our control. Im done venting
07-13-2018, 10:06 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Rough spot
it sounds like an extremely difficult situation - i know we would struggle even when visiting our FOO because of the dynamics of their behavior on us.

we're glad you came to vent
07-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I have stayed with a brother one Christmas before the memories started. Things were fine until he got home from his job. It was hard.

Do you have plans or are you stuck there? If you are stuck are there women's shelters in your town? Because it sounds as if you have gone from the frying pan to the fire. I am very sorry that you felt like that was your only option.

Keep talking about it. Maybe with feedback you can come up with a solution. Please, please don't just shut down. You deserve a better life.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

We are working on a plan to get out of here but it will take time to then we will just have to survive. This was the only place we had we could go to that husband we left would not know where to find us. It's been hard here and Samantha is on edge..so we have lots of internal communication and when we lie down I hold her as best I can with her stuffed animal.
07-16-2018, 05:01 AM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

It brings her some comfort as she is the one that struggles the most with facing our mother daily. As soon as I am able to I'll get a job that will have us out of this house or sleeping most the day to not have to deal with them. Wanting something overnight and simple. But yes out of the frying pan and into the fire. Thanks for being here for Me.
07-16-2018, 05:03 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
that's definitely a rough situation to be in. hoping you can find a job soon, and hopefully find a way to get your own space again.
07-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I still wonder if you would do better in the shelter. The staff is set up to help you find housing, some help you to find employment support, they are highly secure and it is unlikely that he would look at you there. It might be a bit crowded with strangers but there would be other women to talk with about what you have been through. I am not telling you what to do. Just that, if you cannot handle the family home any longer there are options.

Many of these places have crisis lines. If you aren't ready to go there perhaps you could call at a time when you are alone. Talking is important. Or else we explode.
07-17-2018, 09:36 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hang in there US. it's definitely hard being in that kind of constantly tense environment and hope you can get to something more supportive soon!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

We are a bit apprehensive abour a shelter we spent almost 2yrs in one. We swore and promised we would never go back.
07-18-2018, 05:00 PM
Find Reply
Shadows Offline

Threads: 18
We think that you know if staying where you are is better, or if it is better to stay where you are. It can be hard to trust ourselves but I think we always know what is best.
07-18-2018, 10:26 PM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

I have been trying to do what is best for all concerend. We look forward to the day when we will be free of this place and far from where we are now. Though the situation is not ideal for a few we have a goal in mind. That gives us hope that we did not have before. For now we must trust in our host and let her deal with the things that we can not.
07-22-2018, 12:37 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Do you have support? Someone to help you break the goal down into steps so you can see progress? A friend, therapist, pastor? Anyone that you trust *(though word) just to help you walk through this phase. I admire your courage!
07-22-2018, 04:23 AM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

The people, we do have someone on the outside to talk to us. It is with them that we are making plans for our future. It will just take time to put it all together. Some time this year we hope to be moving to another country. Far away from the bad people in our lives. That is the hope we have, that is what gives us courage.
07-24-2018, 12:06 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I am glad that you have someone. And IMO it is better to plan than to rush and trip over yourself. I wish you nothing but the best and am so glad that you are outing yourself first. We all deserve to do that.

Sending you a bouquet of your favourite flowers. And an angel to stand guard if you want them there.
07-24-2018, 01:25 AM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

Thank you people you are sweet. Flowers and angels love them
07-25-2018, 09:33 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rough time Silent Society 8 5,191 03-29-2016, 10:23 AM