My African Grey parrot
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
My African Grey parrot
This is a picture of my parrot resting her head on a lower perch wanting to have her head scratched. She usually isn't too friendly, except during brooding season when she is laying eggs. Her hormones make her super friendly at this time, and I take full advantage by petting her and holding her.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
03-23-2017, 12:23 PM
Find Reply
CloudofWitnesses Offline

Threads: 2
RE: My African Grey parrot
I used to have a bird. I tamed him by hand. He was so sweet and he would fly over and sit on my cereal bowl when I had breakfast and try to eat it too. He showered with me and liked the shower. It took me a couple months to get him tame. Once he was tame he was the best friend ever. He knew when I was sick and he would fly over and sit on my head while I slept for hours sometimes to make sure I was ok.
10-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Yes, birds can be amazingly intelligent and intuitive. Mine has the intelligence and vocabulary of a two year old human child. Unfortunately she also acts like a two year old and is quite a brat, but that goes with the territory. Someone once told me "If you don't want to take care of a two year old the rest of your life then don't get a parrot". Pekoe, my parrot, is about 25 years old and can live to 80 years, but mentally will always be two years old. It still amazes me some of the things she says. It is quite evident that she understands fully the words she is using in any given situation. She even gives my husband the Bronx cheer whenever he walks by the cage because she doesn't like him. I think it is funny, but he is not amused at all. What can I say - she is a typical bratty two year old.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
10-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

Threads: 5
hi cammy I never knew parrots layed eggs does she have baby parrots when she does also how do you know when she is in brooding season and can be pet
10-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
She is beautiful!
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
10-05-2017, 01:41 AM
Find Reply
CloudofWitnesses Offline

Threads: 2
Does she talk? I never taught my bird to talk but many african greys can say a lot of stuff

I want another bird. I loved my little yellow friend dearly.
10-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Find Reply