A Book We Read
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
News/Information  A Book We Read
My sister sent us a book at last holiday. It is called 'Educated' by Tata Westfield. It is the true story of a woman whose father was mentally ill and received a lot of messages from God. As I result the kids were listed as homeschooled where in reality they weren't schooled at all.

With encouragement from her older brother, Tara worked on her own to go from being uneducated, especially in Math, to getting into university. Her journey through school is fascinating. It was going up and her relationship with her family became confusing. Especially her father's messages.

I will warn you that, while I really enjoyed most of it, there were parts that were triggering. The good news is that there was no SA. Lots of physical. That includes not getting medical help when it was needed. Sorry to spoil it a bit but I wouldn't want to place a recommendation here if there is a chance that people find it to be triggering.

If anyone else read, decides to read it I would like to discuss some commonalities b/t many of our stories and Tara's.

BTW, while Tara is claimed to be Mormon she assures readers that the book is not about the Mormon church.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-19-2018, 03:06 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone seen this book? The People 2 2,090 01-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Last Post: nats
  for unsher a case you read this The People 0 1,535 11-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Last Post: The People
Doing okay book update The People 0 1,801 10-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Last Post: The People
News/Information Book update The People 2 2,788 06-15-2015, 10:55 PM