words
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Friendship/Support  words
Sometimes the simplest words that we say have a huge impact on others. My friend's sister who I have only joked with on Facebook occasionally lost her husband a few months ago. When I learned of this I acknowledged it on FB.

Last night I was talking to my friend. Her sister is still in mourning but she is also angry with a lot of people in her community. They couldn't take the time to say or do something. This is a small town. When someone says they didn't know they are spending to much time on Faceboook. Or just don't bother to pick up the phone. Speaking from experience this is very hurtful.

I was amazed that just acknowledging the loss of a woman I don't really know touched her so much. But it did. Reaching out to others is such a simple act. No matter what is going on in our on lives. We never know how much a few words or a small act of kindness will mean to them.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: words
very true. maybe it's about not losing the ability to show compassion and concern for those around us, even when we have our own troubles..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: words
Exactly. Everyone has problems. It does not take away from our ability to show compassion to others. If it does we have no hope for ourselves.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Find Reply