Hi - Newbie here
IamMeFree Offline

Threads: 4
Hi - Newbie here
Hi Newbie here. Diag with DID. Trying to make sense of it all and all the parts to me. Had some therapy perhaps having a break from it not sure. Found this forum thought it may help the 'parts'.
09-18-2017, 02:09 PM
Find Reply
IamMeFree Offline

RE: Hi - Newbie here
Forgot to add - Diag DID May 2016. I host - Have 6 alters that I'm aware of and trying to get to know them all. They are different, have different desires and different interests and different ways of relating with outsiders.
09-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hi there and welcome to MM. what do you like to be called?
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Hello and welcome. We hope you find what you are looking for here. Most people here call their 'parts' alters but it is up to you. We have been coming here for a long time and we found that reading and asking questions helped us just as much as therap. Although both helped. Therapy is hard work and it no wonder that you feel like having a break.

Our alters (we have many) also have different ages and different interests. Also different skills and by learning to work together we manage to get through all of this. Two rules are showing respect here and there is no such thing as a stupid question, Good luck and keep coming back!
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-19-2017, 12:47 AM
Find Reply
IamMeFree Offline

(09-19-2017, 12:47 AM)The People Wrote: Hello and welcome. We hope you find what you are looking for here. Most people here call their 'parts' alters but it is up to you.  We have been coming here for a long time and we found that reading and asking questions helped us just as much as therap. Although both helped. Therapy is hard work and it no wonder that you feel like having a break.

Our alters (we have many) also have different ages and different interests. Also different skills and by learning to work together we manage to get through all of this. Two rules are showing respect here and there is no such thing as a stupid question, Good luck and keep coming back!

Thanks very much. This is very much a learning curve but I do understand why I have DID - have some sort of acceptance of it - sceptical however about full recovery from it.
09-19-2017, 05:11 AM
Find Reply
IamMeFree Offline

(09-18-2017, 05:14 PM)nats Wrote: hi there and welcome to MM. what do you like to be called?

You know - this is something I've not really thought about - people have called me many names in my past so perhaps I need to find one that fits ' all of me '.
09-19-2017, 05:13 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
you're welcome to call yourselves whatever feels right here. people generally choose something other than the body (legal) name, to protect privacy. you can go with 'IamMeFree' indefinitely if you like. lazy typists like me may then try to address you as 'IMF', but not if it bothers you Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

Threads: 5
hi I am me free, welcome to the group I have to agree with people she said reading books on d id helped and asking questions in a group like this did group helped her ...it helps me also as well cuz I don't fee psych dr l so isolated and alone . which I often feel like at times ..I was diagnosed at least 25 years ago with did and then recently about 6 years ago again ..and it has been slow progress ..and psych dr said also very little improvement with me also ...6 years ago ...he moved to his hometown 6 yrs ago now I still haven't found new psych dr ..well hope you stay actively writing in the group as everyones input has a positive impact on the group peace and blessings to you just peachy
09-20-2017, 01:15 AM
Find Reply
IamMeFree Offline

So may lovely replies. IamMeFree is a lovely name or even IMF. Sounds nice actually. When I tend to write I normally state what type of personality state I'm in - i.e for example I know today I'm in teenager state - i.e I'm aware I can flip anytime so perhaps the angry one today(although working very hard on keeping her calm and so far succeeding). I've kind of catergorised each of my known alters as:
small sad tiny child
playful child
Angry and sad Teenager
Bright bubbly teenager
Mum figure - older part
Health freak
Self-sabotager
Organisational part - this may be the host unsure at present

Thanks
IMF
09-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi,another newbie phoenix22 5 3,745 09-14-2019, 03:05 AM
Last Post: The People
  Newbie Here with DID Conundrum 3 3,643 07-16-2018, 05:09 AM
Last Post: Collectively US
  Newbie Loved One With Probable DID KoalaGirl 8 7,639 09-12-2017, 11:59 PM
Last Post: KoalaGirl
  Newbie argent 4 4,398 11-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Last Post: dragonfairy
I'm new/Introduction I'm a newbie to MM and glad I'm here. boman519 7 7,151 04-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Last Post: nats