Upset re pet sitting
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Upset re pet sitting
Dog sitting is a lot of work. With cats you go in, scratch them a bit if they let you and then feed them. Clean a box and leave.

Walking 2 old dogs at different stages of life is difficult. One is very lame and is also the most loving dog I have ever met. He has good days and bad. The other should have been a rescue dog so my arms now have an extra few inches as they stretched them.

Plus both of them got sick during this time period. Slept in the garage until they were both better. Lots of clean up. They likely got sick from eating the apples on the tree.

Suddenly the apples started falling in droves. I had to clean them up and some days it took an hour and a half.

Plants needed to be watered and some days those got missed. Not good because it was hot, hot here.

Yesterday I got a babbly note from the husband. Too much to get into but it made someone upset. Someone talked wigth him today. They blasted him today. Good luck getting someone to clean up dog sh*t, walk then 4x daily clean the litter boxand sweep up apples. They like plants. I have no interest in them whatsoever,

All of this for $20 a day. I did get to do my laundry and bring my own cat with me. I deliberately drank his wine. p*ss off with your lecture. I am not your Dad with mental illness. I am me.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-03-2017, 12:29 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Angry  RE: Upset re pet sitting
Dog sitting is a lot of work. With cats you go in, scratch them a bit if they let you and then feed them. Clean a box and leave.

Walking 2 old dogs at different stages of life is difficult. One is very lame and is also the most loving dog I have ever met. He has good days and bad. The other should have been a rescue dog so my arms now have an extra few inches as they stretched them.

Plus both of them got sick during this time period. Slept in the garage until they were both better. Lots of clean up. They likely got sick from eating the apples on the tree.

Suddenly the apples started falling in droves. I had to clean them up and some days it took an hour and a half.

Plants needed to be watered and some days those got missed. Not good because it was hot, hot here.

Yesterday I got a babbly note from the husband. Too much to get into but it made someone upset. Someone talked wigth him today. They blasted him today. Good luck getting someone to clean up dog sh*t, walk then 4x daily clean the litter boxand sweep up apples. They like plants. I have no interest in them whatsoever,

All of this for $20 a day. I did get to do my laundry and bring my own cat with me. I deliberately drank his wine. p*ss off with your lecture. I am not your Dad with mental illness. I am me.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Find Reply
Shadows Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Upset re pet sitting
that sounds really hard. We hate it when we get involved with things that end up taking more time than they should and the financial reward is too small to make it even remotely worth it. I'm sorry that you have to deal with it.
09-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Find Reply