Uncontrollable Switching? How to Deal?
Shadows Offline

Threads: 18
Uncontrollable Switching? How to Deal?
I keep switching today. at least I think so. lots of lost time this morning and then trying to go food shopping but ended up in a toy store holding stuffed animals instead. I don't even remember driving home really. Didn't get any food. Some of the younger ones wrote really mean things in the journal and then we took a nap, but now my head hurts so so so bad and I feel drunk (didn't drink anything - verified that there is nothing in the house and I had no cash and there aren't any withdrawals from the bank so I think this is just a switching headache).

I'm just going back to bed even though it's barely dark.

How do you all deal with days like this? It really makes me nervous whe I don't think I was in control.
08-13-2017, 09:06 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Uncontrollable Switching? How to Deal?
We do what you are doing. Take naps. We also answer in the journal (or used to when we kept one)explaining our feelings re what they said. We have lots of mandala books around and sometimes we colour in those.

And in the end we figure out that something like the presence of a new alter or memory or even the weather is causing the difficult day.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-13-2017, 11:23 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
agreeing with the People. try not to get too worried about it. write back. ask inside if anyone wants to talk. do something relaxing. these days happen. sounds like you got through it ok.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
08-14-2017, 03:13 AM
Find Reply
Shadows Offline

Thanks, everyone.

We slept a lot. Had terrible dreams but now its the next day an everything feels a little better and we are going to try to go food shopping again since the cupboards give a whole new meaning to "being bare."

I think the hardest part of a day like yesterday is now I feel like I have to work double time to catch up on all the stuff I didn't manage to do. Oh well.
08-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Exactly. Oh well. You get done what you can. Days like that, especially with the nightmares that sometimes have ribbons of truth running through them. Give yourself time to recover. Yes you need to replenish your body and refilling your cupboards. However, based on experience please take it easy.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-15-2017, 02:43 AM
Find Reply
Shadows Offline

Well, the good news is that we managed the food store okay and now can eat again.

We feel like we need some sort of contingency plan for if that happens again. The toy store was fine, safe, no big deal. But we can't be driving if we don't know about it. And what if we pick a place or an activity that isn't safe like a toy store?
08-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching meds The People 1 2,042 04-29-2017, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Cammy
  What is Rapid Switching? Shadows 6 4,738 03-29-2017, 05:22 AM
Last Post: nats
  Head sensations at switching cew 4 3,490 04-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Last Post: cew
  lots of switching in T today canucklady1971 3 3,381 09-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Last Post: dragonfairy