The woman on America's Got Talent
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Caution  The woman on America's Got Talent
I am putting this here as it dredged up a lot of feelings.

Has anyone been watching AGT? There have been a lot of interesting people on this year. But the one that I was the most struck by was a young African woman. When she was a school girl she lived in Africa. They had to fly far for school. They were flying home for Christmas when the plane went down. At first they thought all lives were lost. Then they found one child. She was very badly burned and required very many surgeries. But she lived. And she sings.

She was amazing. Her voice but also her courage. She has so many scars but did nothing to try and hide them. I am sure she was called a lot of names on the streets. It didn't stop her.

Today at T I talked about her. How her outside reminded me of my insides. Yet we both keep going.

I think I introduced Alice a while back. She lives in the cellar with 4 others. She has scars on her face. We were never burned in the face but that is what it looks like. Or very bad acne.

Last night after we saw this young woman sing we were reminded of Alice. I think she represents our scars with her horrid scars on her face. And someone has been screaming inside for years. I think it was Alice. Interesting what can make things come together.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-10-2017, 12:10 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: The woman on America's Got Talent
don't think we have AGT here, but sounds really impressive that she doesn't feel obliged to hide her scars. good for her. we always used to say 'as long as people can't see it, it's ok' which obviously isn't true but we still think it..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
08-10-2017, 07:06 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

She is amazing. She might be on you tube.

Nope. Can't get it in Canada, probably until after the finals. Here is her photo in all of her bravery.

https://shareably.net/plane-crash-survivor-audition-agt/
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 07:09 PM by The People.)
08-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

Threads: 5
Thank You The P eople for sharing that AGT clips of the show that was so amazing !!!! I love that show AGT also THE VOICE , THE X FACTOR ,BRITAINS GOT TALENT , I just absolutely love those shows I cant seem to get enough of them . neither can my alters for that matter .. I f I didn't have to deal with this thing called life . I would sit in my home, with an air conditioner (,I f I had one). I would be in bliss as well as my alters all day long ... A did Therapist said that it would be helpful to do each day, something every day with all of your alters, that they would all enjoy and like doing together ..For Us that would be watching any of the above shows cuz that would be like Us receiving all that love , satisfaction and attention, that We crave and desire , that we never got growing up .. we also would love to do something like that cuz we would be like wow we have all this talent we never realized we had ..and it feels soooo gooood !!!1 but such as life I can only dream about this stuff let alone dare to step out of my apartment and try this stuff lest i make a fool of myself ... jp
08-11-2017, 11:35 PM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

Threads: 5
1 m ore point I want to make the p eople it played the video clip of that woman from Africa on AGT in the usa.., that you spoke about of with all the scars ...even though it didn't play it in Canada ...that other deaf woman was so powerful as well who sang that song try that she wrote herself ..i can tell you from my experience of having a legal hearing impairment and being somewhat deaf in my right ear ,that she is truly courageous to go on stage in front of all those people and sing in spite of being deaf and distracted by all the crowds in the audience as well as to focus on the judges and her interpreter who was signing to her .then to to hyper focus on her singing as well as playing the ukulele and staying on key with her band as well is no easy task to complete..i am in utter amazement as to how god is so good ., and to what talent he gives each of us ...i worked with the deaf as a teacher aid . i just peachy
08-11-2017, 11:56 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Those are the people I like on all of those shows (I watch them all too) They give me drive with their courage. Yes it is wonderful hen kids have both parents standing in back and cheering from them but I really cheer for the ones who can relate to their music.
08-13-2017, 11:12 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

She is on You Tube. I forget her name but I just searched girl with burn scars on AGT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUP9lehOji0
09-03-2017, 12:16 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
i think her name is Kechi or something like that. she is very inspiring.
09-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

just peachy the show does play in Canada. It all depends on what channels a person gets from their service provider.
09-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Woman on Dr. Phil The People 0 1,554 05-28-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: The People