The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
The woman on America's Got Talent - The People - 08-10-2017, 12:10 AM
The woman on America's Got Talent
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Caution  The woman on America's Got Talent
I am putting this here as it dredged up a lot of feelings.

Has anyone been watching AGT? There have been a lot of interesting people on this year. But the one that I was the most struck by was a young African woman. When she was a school girl she lived in Africa. They had to fly far for school. They were flying home for Christmas when the plane went down. At first they thought all lives were lost. Then they found one child. She was very badly burned and required very many surgeries. But she lived. And she sings.

She was amazing. Her voice but also her courage. She has so many scars but did nothing to try and hide them. I am sure she was called a lot of names on the streets. It didn't stop her.

Today at T I talked about her. How her outside reminded me of my insides. Yet we both keep going.

I think I introduced Alice a while back. She lives in the cellar with 4 others. She has scars on her face. We were never burned in the face but that is what it looks like. Or very bad acne.

Last night after we saw this young woman sing we were reminded of Alice. I think she represents our scars with her horrid scars on her face. And someone has been screaming inside for years. I think it was Alice. Interesting what can make things come together.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-10-2017, 12:10 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
The woman on America's Got Talent - The People - 08-10-2017, 12:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Woman on Dr. Phil The People 0 1,591 05-28-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: The People