Time to start re $$$
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Scared  Time to start re $$$
My financial circumstances having gotten more and more out of control since I had to stop working 6 years ago. I am at the end of the road. I need help in order to fix things. I don't know what that is going to look like. The first step is to call a free credit counselling service to book an appointment.

When I am in a bad financial space somebody shops even more. Things are a mess that I will never get out of them by just making minimum payments. That is not a job for a T so I need someone who could walk me through the process... whatever that should be.

A bottle of red would be good right now but not good for the body while on double antibiotics.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-28-2017, 09:50 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Time to start re $$$
Isn't it odd that a lot of us shop in response to anxiety? Worse yet when the anxiety is about our finances, yet so many do this. Whenever we were feeling bad we would go out and buy something, a lot of times clothes. It made us feel better temporarily, but then the bills come and we realize we have made bad choices. I have finally been able to stop this behaviour. Fortunately my personality system is such that I can communicate with everyone now and have control. With all of my adults in agreement that unnecessary spending should stop, it has. Also helpful was learning to wait before buying. This involves not purchasing things on first sight, but waiting at least a day to let us analyze the true need for the item. This has curtailed 99% of purchases. On other occasions when we simply have to have something, we now pick out an inexpensive item that we know we will use (like special hand made soap bar), and this has helped too. It must be difficult, however, when you are unaware of who is doing this to you within your system. I hope you too can find a way to overcome this unwelcome behaviour otherwise it turns into a snowball rolling down the side of a mountain.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Time to start re $$$
Most often the shopping we do is on sale. And we have been able to finally make ourselves shop and new to me stores. we have come a long way since pre-dx when we would go home after having spent our last $5 on junk. We will also bring stuff back now, something we haven't done in the past.

We spent money on things we didn't really need over the last few days and used soon to be cut up credit card to fill the gas tank. Feels like theft but survival mode has taken over.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Find Reply