online connections threatened
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Spiritual content  online connections threatened
freaking out big time. Trump wants to make the internet a closed broadcasting medium ( like radio and television) with red tape and likely huge usage fees. This could ruin my relationship with daniel! if anyone is interested in finding a petition to stop it just google "internet neutrality". if you are chr please pray for us that his plan is stopped. thanks
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
05-06-2017, 06:28 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: online connections threatened
Seems to us it is more than just the plan that needs to be stopped. Despots needs to be stopped. This is getting to be one horribly scary world, but then again, it was foretold that it would get this way.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
05-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Agree that it is getting scary. However, I think Trump will be impeached or will quit in the near future. The supreme court has just asked for the FBI notes on Russia. They must have found something. Why else would he fire the head of the FBI. They are either walking away or he is siccing the house dogs on them.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-09-2017, 10:47 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

the sooner the better. We hate politics but with Trump we feel like we did when mom's husband left " What can we do to expedite this process? Call someone? pack something?"

-unknown
05-10-2017, 04:22 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
I agree with People in that Trump is going to hang himself if he truly attempts to take rights and freedoms from his country. He is coming closer to crossing that line each day.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
05-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Amazing that he has lasted this long and. Net neutrality is still an issue in the other states but in CA it’s still protected. CA. Has always been a bit separated like not on Medicaid etc

-unknown
11-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
net neutrality has been an issue for years, even prior to Trump. it's not a good thing
11-19-2019, 08:09 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

You think net neutrality is a problem? My thought is only the companies that stand to profit from repealing it would think it was bad. I guess if you think that we will have to agree to disagree

-unknown
11-20-2019, 05:51 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
i think i misunderstood. i always understood that net neutrality was the name given to legislation that actually takes away the free nature of the internet. it may be that i have been misinformed
11-20-2019, 07:57 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Yeah more like it was just mislabeled by whoever you talked to. No biggie net neutrality means that everyone can access whatever content they want at the same speed . There’s a video where Burger King did a social experiment by introducing a 20 dollar whopper access pass. If you paid it you could get the whopper right away at the same speed as a chicken sandwich but if not the wait for a whopper was an hour. I think there was a medium speed access pass that was like 10 dollars for a 15 minute wait too.

The experiment was to demonstrate with something concrete what repealing net neutrality would allow companies to do: slow down access to popular videos or have business owners pay to allow their content to reach customers faster. They could actually charge businesses and end users... lots of ridiculous options

They explained it at the time as “ we are trying to sell more chicken and make more profit off the popularity of the whopper. Where you offered a chicken sandwich?” Of course afterwards the manager probably explained it and I think if I was the manager people would get free food for unwittingly helping with an educational video

-unknown
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 10:03 PM by dreamers.)
11-20-2019, 09:44 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online T customer service dreamers 5 2,699 11-25-2019, 06:43 AM
Last Post: The People