Sharing time?
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Sharing time?
Hey that hasn't happened in a while! We used to have verbal brawls here because of misunderstandings. People are encouraged to question what might be a misunderstanding but many of us forget to o that. I am not mocking you but just saying that you are not alone. Glad you figured it out.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Sharing time?
dreamers: I admire you so much for the strength of your faith in that it has led you into a calling. We too have extremely strong spiritual convictions and try to live as directed by the Word. After many years of trying to be a satellite Chr.st..n, we began to understand the need to belong to a community and contribute sharing & worship. It took a few years, and within the last year we finally found a church where we are comfortable. The one before this was not letting us be a full member until we sat before a board that would decide if we were suitable for full membership. No, I'm not kidding. Now I understand the reason why they call that particular type of church a "country club church". When you apply for membership at a country club, they sometimes (or used to), sit you down for an interview in front of a membership board, to decide if you are the "right kind of people" for their club. I was actually shocked that a church would do something like this, but they do. The way I saw it the only being that has the right to judge me that way is God, not a tribunal of senior church members. I had been going there for a year and a half before I discovered this was the case. I kept asking for a mail slot, and I kept not getting one. Finally someone explained that only full members are allowed to have a mail slot. Oh boy. At the church I am at right now, I wasn't there but two months when I noticed that there was a mail slot in the lobby with my name on it. I didn't even ask for one; they just gave it to me. I was almost in tears of gratitude at the warm, open acceptance. Of course, now I am fiercely loyal to that particular church. It's working out so well that my husband comes with me all the time now. He's even mowing their grounds for them once a week. They are a poor church, the other one was quite wealthy. Interesting, yes? Okay...sorry to ramble on like this, but I thought it was so neat that you are attending seminary. I just wanted to voice my admiration. Sorry this all got so long-winded.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
05-24-2017, 05:30 PM
Find Reply