RE: organizing a mission trip to uk - nats - 03-27-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: organizing a mission trip to uk - nats - 03-29-2017, 05:19 AM
RE: organizing a mission trip to uk - Cammy - 03-30-2017, 12:07 PM
RE: organizing a mission trip to uk - nats - 05-06-2017, 05:08 PM
organizing a mission trip to uk
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: organizing a mission trip to uk
I was discussing the cost of dental care in Canada as compared to the U.S. This person I spoke to and many of her friends go to the US to get their dental work done because it is much cheaper. In fact, there are a bunch of US dentists who set up a clinic in Mexico. They even have a bus on the US side of the border that collects their patients and brings them across the border to the clinic. And their work is really good. I have a dental plan, but it is so bad that I cannot afford dental care. From what I understand, dental work in Canada is VERY expensive for some reason.

I was thinking a bit more about dreamers' plan. Immigration in the UK is going to require a work study done to determine if this mission is actually able to be done by their own people. The work study is usually what stops non-citizens from performing work that can be done by their own citizens. They see it as taking jobs away from their own people. I would think that targeting a third world country would be easier as far as paperwork goes, because there is a heap of hoops to jump through to get work visas for an endeavour in a first world country where the service is already offered. Now, a country like Haiti, who is extremely poor and never recovered from the hurricane that devastated them years ago, LOVES free services. Their people can barely get the most basic medical care, and I'll bet they'd be much more welcoming for this type of venture. Plus, these people REALLY need any help they can get. It is a pitiful situation there and certainly worthy of any assistance. Just a thought.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
03-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
organizing a mission trip to uk - dreamers - 03-22-2017, 08:19 PM
RE: organizing a mission trip to uk - nats - 03-27-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: organizing a mission trip to uk - nats - 03-29-2017, 05:19 AM
RE: organizing a mission trip to uk - Cammy - 03-30-2017, 12:07 PM
RE: organizing a mission trip to uk - nats - 05-06-2017, 05:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photos from our trip yay! The Warren 2 3,323 08-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn