To Kythe
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Idea  To Kythe
We are still reading 'A Wind in the Door.' The littles get a little bored sometimes as parts re hard to grasp but they want us to continue on. I have just done some writing about some concepts in the book. How truly understanding it (if it was not sci-fi) would be like explaining DID to monominds - who don't view it as Sci-fi.

I came across a word that I liked however. Kythe. It means communicating by using the minds instead of speaking out loud. The characters talk to each other but only those who are sharing things can understand what the other is saying.

That is what alters do who are close to each other. They share things without having to speak out loud. I like that word!
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-13-2016, 02:15 AM
Find Reply
BlackeBird Offline

Threads: 2
RE: To Kythe
I loved all the books in that trilogy!

Kate
03-14-2016, 05:13 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

This is actually outside the trilogy. It looks like there are 4 plus he one I am reading. It may have been a trilogy when we were younger and she wrote more.
03-16-2016, 05:54 AM
Find Reply
BlackeBird Offline

Threads: 2
I thought the trilogy was "A Wrinkle in Time," "A Wind in the Door" and "A Swiftly Tilting Planet." I guess I'm remembering wrong. I read them a long time ago. Something else you might enjoy is a series of books by Susan Cooper. The first one is called "The Dark is Rising."

Kate
03-17-2016, 01:21 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
back when we read them it was these three as a trilogy too. loved it. of course now don't remember anything about them other than enjoying them Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-17-2016, 04:11 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

No you could be right! I am just going by what is on the back of the book. Still they are great inner family books. Everybody likes them.
03-18-2016, 01:45 AM
Find Reply