question re post surgery stuff
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
question re post surgery stuff
I think it was over 5 1/2 years ago that I had my hysterectomy. Had surgery in same spot twice. Sometimes it itches so badly I feel like I will go crazy. All the doctors tell me it is normal but since my faith in doctors is so minimal...

If they are right this one time how do I deal with it?
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: question re post surgery stuff
sounds normal enough. crazy itching is really unpleasant. there's nothing specific that works for everyone. is there anything that works for you?
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Not at all. It is intermittent. Worse when I am active as I assume it is a combination of muscle movement (what is left) causing reaction, and perhaps perspiration although the surgery was over 5 years ago so I don't know. I did a lot of walking yesterday. Reintroducing myself to exercise after a hiatus due to living arrangements. I just get s frustrated that along with being crazy I have an ever growing list of physical issues that are typical of aging. Life sucks. Aging sucks. Thanks for responding.
02-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

itching from exercise is really common - gets less as you get accustomed to the additional workout though, so if you keep it up it should become less noticeable after awhile. yes, aging really sucks. scared of getting old and weak. can't imagine how we'll manage..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-22-2016, 04:01 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Many of us, especially here, have no offspring or family support. Someone told me the other day that friends would look after me. Some of my friends don't even pick up the phone to see if I am alive.
02-23-2016, 12:14 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

friends won't look after us. they have their own families. govt is unlikely to do it either, at least not in any bearable way (maybe Canada is different). the one good thing is that helpless old age is taking a lot longer to reach thanks to medical advances. the longer we can be independent the better.
02-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

we have such a shortage of good care. My friend's mom and Dad are both in LTC. She is physically messed up and he doesn't even know who he is. The care is pathetic. The only good care is private like I could afford that. It will get worse as I am at the end of the baby boom and I will lucky if I can find my own refrigerator box.
02-24-2016, 02:30 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surgery finally??? DJStrangers112358 3 3,367 08-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Last Post: The People