Therapy
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Therapy
During the holiday season we had a huge debate inside whether or not to quit therapy............no conclusion or decision was really made.
That fact is that looking back only makes us feel completely like sh*t and we end up not living in this world, we just exist trying to get through the days and end up living more in the past instead of focusing on the future and the present.
We are currently functioning well at the moment-the past doesn't exist.......having 2 jobs has really helped with that. We are really busy now and want to try to enjoy life a little bit. But trying to talk about the past and our childhood completely wrecks that.........it makes it extremely hard for us to function and enjoy anything..........
But then I think is really fair for some of us to do this when the others inside are still suffering? I don't know...... so the debate continues......
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
01-25-2016, 10:58 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Therapy
My first DID T once said something about this: The present needs to be in order before we can work on the past. It is true. And you deserve a stay away cation for a while. We all deserve to have fun.

The past is done. Sometimes I catch us lying in bed, focusing on something and trying to change it. Of course it doesn't work. Because it is over and don with, except in our heads. I might have a few boxes left over when I am finished packing. You could take one, paint it or whatever. Drop the past into it and shove it to the back of the closet. It won't all stay there of course but you can deal with it. You have proven that. I hope you buy at least one special thing for yourselves with the extra income. It doesn't have to be something big. Just a symbol of your decision to take steps in the present. You deserve it.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Thanks I think I will take that box Smile
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
01-26-2016, 11:03 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
agreeing with the People. we need to come to terms with the past, but it's most important that we can function and have some kind of life in the present. take a break for a few weeks if you're thinking of leaving T. see how it feels.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
01-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
It is already there Wink
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-29-2016, 02:39 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post