Describing switching
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Describing switching
I am struggling with describing switching for monominds in my book. It is no easy task. Well one minute I am me and the next Two is arguing with God just doesn't do it. Here are a few things I came up with.

- I once saw a 1 person, 1 act play. The girl use props to show that she was changing to her grandmother, aunt, father etc. Switching doesn't require props although it can be brought on by smells, objects we see, sounds we hear or absolutely nothing at all.

- It is like Clark Kent Switching to Superman. Only we don't need a phone booth and we change on the inside as opposed to putting on a cape. There are days when we don't know if we are Clark Kent or Superman

- It is like coming from a store that has a revolving door. You get in as one person and as the door moves you slowly, or swiftly change to someone else.

- Like sitting down to watch a movie marathon. You doze off without realizing it and cannot figure out why you were laughing a few minutes ago and are suddenly terrified by the monster on the screen.

- Getting off on the wrong floor in an elevator. Going to the right room number and opening t to find that what you thought was your apartment has been totally redecorated. The person living there knows you but you have no clue as to who they are.

- Being a whole series of puppets in a show. A puppeteer is in charge and no matter how hard you try to break free and live a life of your own the ropes won't break.

These are just a few and you may not like any of them. If you add to this please indicate your comfort with my using them in my book. II will acknowledge the fact that I got them off the site. I have already made mention of it in general but didn't name it. Might be some good publicity but I don't want people who might read it to come here and figure out that I am the writer.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Feedback  RE: Describing switching
Our experience is like the first two on your list, and occasionally (though not often) the third.

The analogy we like to use is that we're all riding in a bus (which is the body), and we take turns driving. Some of us drive more frequently than others. Some drive rarely if at all. And we have several backseat drivers. Tongue

MDs
02-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Describing switching
Hehehe! Like that one!
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Find Reply