stages of grief
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
stages of grief
I think many of us have probably come in touch with Elizabeth Kubler Ross's 5 stages of grief. Someone just posted this on Facebook. I am re-posting it because so many of our MM friends appear to be struggling right now. This detailed map could act as a guideline for some of us. Help us figure out what comes next. It fit well for me anyway.

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
10-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Caution  RE: stages of grief
Yes, we are familiar with Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and her five stages of grief.

I am somewhere at the bottom right now. I will elaborate in a separate thread.

Charity
10-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

RE: stages of grief
We are there as well. Slide up and down that curve.
10-27-2015, 04:26 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
ours is more like a jagged zigzag back and forth than a graceful curve. maybe different people are at different stages..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
10-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Occasionally something my first therapist said will pop into my head. while she was not so helpful at all she would describe things she must have learned in a class. She talked about how we don't go around in a circle to heal. It is more like a swirl while we go around things over and over until we are finished with them. I suspect that the same is true with complex grief, such as the type multiples experience.
And like you said, we might have different selves in different areas of grief recovery. Some are stuck at the beginning and others run back and forth along the middle. None of us are at the end for sure

After all, this might fit for the loss of a loved one. But all of us who come here have had so mch loss...
10-31-2015, 03:51 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
well said People.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
10-31-2015, 05:12 AM
Find Reply