interesting link to something many of us have experienced
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
Question  interesting link to something many of us have experienced
as we progress in healing, we often come across ideas or articles not aimed at multiples that we can still find interesting or benefit from. below is a link to an article from a feminist website speaking on specific emotional abuse experiences of someone outside 'heteronormative' and 'neuronormative' (new term for us!) worlds: http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/06/gaslighting-is-an-abuse-tactic/

if you read this, does any of this ring true for you? have you experienced this? how could you relate it to your experiences as a multiple?
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-28-2015, 06:53 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Feedback  RE: interesting link to something many of us have experienced
Hi, nats,

Two thoughts on this.

First, we weren't clear on the meaning of "neurodiversity," so we had to look it up. We're not big on political correctness, but that's a topic for another thread. Anyway, the Wikipedia article on neurodiversity focused largely on autism.

Plurality and other atypical self-concepts could certainly qualify as neurodiversity in the broader sense, but we don't think it will be commonly included anytime soon. And it will be difficult for us to feel recognized as "neurodiverse" until this happens.

On a more MT note: Gaslighting was a tactic used by the "person" responsible for our adult SA. In some ways, the gaslighting was more harmful than the physical aspect of what happened to us.

MDs
06-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: interesting link to something many of us have experienced
ah interesting, didn't look up neurodiverse but interpreted it as another way of saying mental health issues. the main issue is the gaslighting and have certainly experienced aspects of this ourselves.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-29-2015, 04:33 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: interesting link to something many of us have experienced
Didn't read the article through but saw enough to say "yup!| The mother was notorious for this forever. And we once had a boss who disliked us for a few reasons. She would accuse me of things and as this was pre-dx I would just shut down. I would know in my heart that I would never have said or done what she accused me of but I couldn't remember the full conversation so I couldn't argue with her. Twisted me like a red licorice.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Doing okay An interesting conversation The People 2 2,498 01-23-2017, 12:19 AM
Last Post: The People
  Interesting.... sad but coincidental The People 4 3,253 05-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Last Post: The People
  INteresting quote The People 1 1,943 05-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Tangled Web