Your Biggest Surprise?
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Your Biggest Surprise?
(07-30-2015, 12:28 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Great that your doctor was so helpful, Igraine.  At what point did you find out that he was multiple?

MDs

When my doctor told me that he thought I was a multiple, he shared with me that he too has DID. He is a wonderful support for me, because not all of us have the same medication needs. It is hard to explain to a doctor why you suddenly need medication B when you have been using medication A successfully for years. They do not understand that when we switch, our meds sometimes need to be changed as well. Some of my personalities have medication allergies that the others do not. Scientifically seems impossible, but I am proof that it is quite possible. But try explaining this to a DID-naive physician...there is NO way that they could possibly fathom the 'science fiction' story you are telling them. Instead of a new prescription, they are more likely to give you a referral to a psychiatrist.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
08-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Doing okay  RE: Your Biggest Surprise?
We figured that it was something like that, Igraine. It's not likely that a person would just randomly disclose, so we figured he did so in an effort to be supportive to you.

You're lucky to have him.

MDs
08-14-2015, 05:01 PM
Website Find Reply
rainbows Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Your Biggest Surprise?
What surprised us most is that we are still alive.
When we reached 12yrs old we were surprised we were still alive.
When we reached 16 we were amazed. At 18 we just did not know what to think abt how could we
still be alive. At 21 we had no clue at all what to expect anymore.
So we lived in the present. Every day. Never had any ideas abt the future or the past.
Until our 50th year when Parts began to share information......
08-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Your Biggest Surprise?
rainbows,

Thanks for sharing. We hope that sharing of information inside has helped you move forward in your healing.

MDs
08-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Caution Wikipedia. A surprise! tweeter 6 4,918 11-26-2013, 04:30 AM
Last Post: tweeter