Does this give you relief?
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   Does this give you relief?
I have been feeling soooooo rough for weeks. I blamed it on this. Blamed it on that. Then this morning I went to my GP. He decided that it was my high BP meds. I am exhausted but don't sleep. I have been depressed and often barely functioning. And anger is bad bad.

But him telling me that it was likely the meds felt like someone pulled the plug on an overflowing tub. I was able to nap this afternoon and while I am still swimming in the tub I can breathe.

A physical cause for my mess rather than just more crazy. My doctor is a nice guy. He pushes me without pushing my buttons. He acknowledges that he does not understand the DID but that isn't his job. His job is to do the physical part while recognizing that there is a cross over.

So I cut the meds in half and see how the BP does. And the heart palpitations that I assumed were panic but are actually... something I don't quite get. We will see how it goes but there is some weight off my shoulders.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-06-2015, 12:12 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Does this give you relief?
Replying on two levels. First, with knowledge of our father's medications and how they interacted with each other. There were all sorts of potential interactions, including what you describe. He too had to adjust dosages.

Secondly, we're glad that your doctor is helpful, and that he acknowledges his limitations while still doing what he can do to help you. We hope the dosage change helps you. And we're glad that you feel some relief in knowing what's been going on.

MDs
06-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Website Find Reply