Not getting up hope this time
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   Not getting up hope this time
We wrote a letter to someone a few weeks ago about lack of services for DID and our vision of having a support group just for multies. I wan't aware that I was emailing a mucky muck higher up who forwarded to someone who didn't even attach his title to his name. The guy wrote us yesterday to confirm our phone number and to set up a time on Monday or Tuesday when he could call us to get more information. Typical of government bodies he did not indicate what information he wanted or anything else.

I choose not to get my hopes up this time. I have been trying to get something going almost since I moved here and discovered that services of any kind absolutely sucked. I got as far as meetings and promises and then nothing.

So we shall see what comes of next week.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Not getting up hope this time
Keeping our fingers crossed for you. Smile
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
05-29-2015, 02:10 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Not getting up hope this time
Ditto. Crossing fingers, toes, and eyes.

MDs
05-29-2015, 07:44 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Not getting up hope this time
Disaster stage 1. He called. In the letter we said 1) MM is great but we need 3 D support as well. Question from person who obviously knows nothing about DID and who just browsed the letter.
"you mentioned (MM) Couldn't that be a support place for you? Ummm, we addressed that. Verbal answer "No."

2) We have been to groups for people with mixed issues such as anxiety or just groups in general. They don't work because coming out DID in more challenging than coming out gay.
Question from fidiot. What about just attending a general group such as an anxiety group?

Uncross your fingers folks.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Not getting up hope this time
Fidiot indeed. We're sorry that it turned out this way.

MDs
06-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Doing okay T question. Hope you can find it. The People 4 3,962 08-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
Question Hope vs. Trust? MakersDozn 9 6,576 09-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn