Re kitties
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  Re kitties
We are still struggling with not having any kitties. Two is completely devastated and doesn't come out at all. We still keep forgetting they are gone, especially the last one. We went to crawl into bed last and in the shadows caught sight of a stuffie. Two thought it was kitty at first until she remembered that she as gone. She won't talk about it at all. For a long time she would just stand by the guardian and glaring at us in anger as if it was our fault that she got old and sick.

Today we went onto the SPCA web site. We found some cats who are free because of special circumstances. There is a pretty grey 5 year old (not striped like ours was) and she is free because she is too anxious around other cats. But she loves to play and...

We cannot decide what to do. We gave all of her stuff away (except for a few things we found but they are easily replaced. We had decided that we weren't ever getting another cat because it hurt too much and if we changed our mind we would be able to replace them.

Many people have gone through this before but there are some MT things that add extra stress for us. Along with missing the cats we miss Two. I don't know if bringing another cat home would bring her out or drive her back inside. She came forward when we got "the baby". She annoyed Two as she would attack our feet and this is what brought her forward. She was furious when we brought black cat home and she cried and cried... MT stuff again. But she came to love both of them.

No we cannot go out to visit as she will just cry and cry. Looking at the pictures is hard enough. But maybe it is a start. We miss her and we miss having a kitty.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Re kitties
what is the main reason you don't want another? is it because it hurts so much when they go? does the hurt at the end completely outweigh all the joy they bring? everybody goes at some point, no matter what. does the hurt outweigh the joy you bring the kitties by providing them a loving life? it's difficult.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-09-2015, 02:53 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Re kitties
Good point. We haven't had pets in decades, so we're not sure what to say. We at least want to acknowledge the feelings that you're having. We hope that you find peace.

MDs
05-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

Actually we are going to be adopting another cat in few weeks. They are replacing widows in our apartment soon. The landlady knows a woman who wants her cat to have a new home because she doesn't have time for him. He comes with shots and all the fixings. It would be more fun to choos our own but this helps all 3 of us.
05-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

hay the people this veree kool

yoo evr hav boy kitees b4?

wat two n peak thinkn bowt noo kitee?

david hoos 5 hoos makin a kitee 4 yoo heer -=^..^=-
05-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

we alus have them gril kittes there. i not shor of it. he have sergy. woman say he nise. two wont tok about it. she not tok to anabody there. she hide under gardins cloak. when she peek out there she angery angery,
05-12-2015, 12:01 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

ya i soree two stil mad

bigs sayn itok feeln how yoo feeln

i still hopn two feel betr soon

david hoos 5
05-16-2015, 06:27 PM