Puzzle Pieces
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Angry  Puzzle Pieces
Did you ever have aha moments about the past that were not memories surfacing. Just realizing something that you didn't figure out years before I have had 2 of those of late and I would like to take a big giant rock and drop it on the heads of the people involved. Said like to not going to.

First there was our dog. In our small town almost nobody tied their dogs. No tags, no shots... It was the 60s. And 70s. My little brother was 4 when my oldest brother brought him home a pup that was a bright and beautiful golden lab mix. He was friends with everyone. However, there was a mean and miserable and dangerous man living across the street from us.

Twice the dog catcher came by to pick up the dog. I am sure that f*ck*ng neighbour phoned them out of spite. Like I said, nobody chained their dogs except for the drug dealer and this dog was harmless! Revenge. b*st*rd! We had to give up the dog.

#2. I was home for a few months after I first moved west. As I prepared to leave again my mother informed me that there was a huge call to Calgary on the phone bill. I had no friends in Calgary. I worked 16 hours a day and the few people who became acquaintances didn't receive a 5 minute call. It was my brother! I am sure of it. He was home at the same time and was always calling college friends. She didn't believe me and boys were never confronted in our house.

I just started a full time job when I got a letter from my mother explaining that she needed $30. I sent it. Sent it every month. In JUNE when I got home she told me I must have misunderstood as she only needed it once. She couldn't tell me that in October or when I was home for Christmas? And my brother never would have bothered to come forward to claim ownership of the phone bill as he thought the world owed him at that time. I figure he owes me $300
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-13-2015, 06:57 PM
Find Reply