A thought
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
A thought
"You have the final word for what you accept in life. It's your inner-voice that ultimately betrays you. Speak-up for yourself."
— Bryant McGill

I thought about that for a minute and said "YES!" Now I don't always feel that way. When my "poor me" voice takes over in my head it is difficult to think this way at times. But then I have a voice that says "I'm not putting up with this crap anymore" and I don't! I don't deal with my crazy. I have walked away from jobs that have taken a turn for the worst. I turn off my phone when a friend has called me one too many times and I need my quiet. People who are no longer true friends - gone! That last one may take a while but eventually I know I have the right to walk away.

I wasn't always like this. And sometimes I may go too far the other way, the pendulum effect. But we all need to know what our limits are and strengthen ourselves by sticking to them.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-13-2015, 11:24 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Caution  RE: A thought
Agreed. When we were younger, we accepted a lot that we could have changed if we had spoken up. Granted, kids don't have the power that adults have, but we decided at a very, very young age that we were powerless and that life was hopeless. Therapy is teaching us to take a lot better care of ourselves.

MDs
05-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Food for thought The People 1 1,798 02-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Last Post: mosaic
  A Thought The People 3 2,958 11-11-2016, 03:08 AM
Last Post: The People
  A thought on 'stuck' The People 5 4,226 03-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: FreyasSpirit