Round table discussion time?
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I'm new/Introduction  Round table discussion time?
Our numbers are really dwindling and I worry that we will disappear. Do you think that we could have a round table discussion to come up with some ideas on how to bring our site to peoples attention? Facebook has a couple of sites but I know ours is run more effectively. I miss a lot of our old crowd but it is their choice to leave for whatever reason. But maybe we can come up with some plans re how to honour the site developers and ourselves by bringing more people into the group. Think it would work? I know people are loaded down right now but when the time is right maybe we could give it a try.
11-15-2014, 03:14 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Round table discussion time?
hi People, think it's a great idea. perhaps early-ish in the new year when the holiday rush is over and people have time to think of new things.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Good time. People are now in the "how do I hide from this "Christmas crazy" mode. Except for Pirate who doesn't come by anymore but will be counting down the days until JOE arrives.
11-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Agree  RE: Round table discussion time?
We agree that it would be a good idea to start a roundtable discussion in early January. Thanks, The People, for proposing it.

We visit various sites in the online multi community. Our concern has been that MM might have started getting quiet because of the popularity of Facebook. We now know that this isn't necessarily the case, because there are multi sites that do get a lot of traffic.

In the meantime, we wouldn't be averse to a little informal pre-roundtable discussion. Wink

MDs
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2014, 05:55 PM by MakersDozn.)
11-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: Round table discussion time?
Reopening this thread to see what folks have to say. This place has been an important part of our life for nearly 18 years, and we want to do what we can to help it keep thriving. What are some of the issues that we as a community need to consider in order to do so?

MDs
01-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

I just thought of something for the Welcome Aboard page. What if there was more of an introduction? Perhaps giving examples of things that are discussed on the board. Since there has been everything from washing of hair to loss of pets to loss of T. Perhaps it will encourage more new comers to come back. Often they hit the Welcome page and never re-post.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Another thought I had came from the TV show 'The Sharks'. Only I don't remember the wording for it. There is a way of putting site into Google so that it is a top item that pops up when one looks for something. Like putting in DID. Sadly I cannot remember the wording to look that up and when I just tried looking I was unsuccessful. Perhaps someone else knows?
02-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
SEO = search engine optimisation = requires money we don't have.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

MD when you searched other sites were they live discussions or were others bulleting boards like ours? Were you able to make a list of pros and cons of our boards compared to theirs? I see the BB as a benefit. You don't have to sit around and wait. I belong to a celiac group on FB. I rarely go because you get an attack of answers that go way off topic. I think this are 2 intertwined and important factors that have always made us work well.
02-24-2015, 02:25 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Feedback  RE: Round table discussion time?
There are no chats on the other sites that we frequent. We don't do chat, but we wouldn't avoid a site if it did have chat in addition to message boards.

The fact the MM does not permit members to attack each other is very important. And one of the things that we look for in a support site is how well members encourage each other and relate to each other as part of a community.

And we also prefer it when sites accept people as they are and allow all members of a system to post if they follow the guidelines. MM leaves it up to members to decide which boards are appropriate for people in their system. This helps us to feel welcome and validated.

MDs
03-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

Nats was just trying to remember that term 'search engine optimization' and came across it here. TYVM. Gonna go and check it out.
03-16-2015, 01:12 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Community Discussion: Helping Mosaic Minds Thrive MakersDozn 23 25,231 02-03-2017, 11:43 PM
Last Post: VioletPeach
  An offshoot from Gim's discussion The People 7 7,218 02-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
Question For those who have been part of the book discussion can you please check in.. The People 0 2,057 09-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Last Post: The People