Working on my book
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  Working on my book
And I feel like I am going around in circles. Sometimes when I read it everything makes sense. I got stuck with an issue and decided to go back and edit. I will read something I wrote and think "didn't I write that earlier?" Will go back to look for itbut I think I switch and cannot find it. Like mentioning x2 that I had a part time job in high school. And today it made me depressed. So I am crawling into bed for the evening to watch some TV. I would have a bath but am getting a new tub and it isn't ready yet.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Working on my book
How frustrating! As if editing can't make one's eyes cross after a while even without the repetition and confusion switching brings. In addition to that, it's hard for anyone to edit her own work, at least at some point. Your head's too into the content and immersed in the writing process to step back and see your work in a fresh light. Do you have someone you trust that is skilled at that sort of thing and can look it over for you? You can ask her/him do as little as proofreading or as much as content editing. And you'd have the final word, of course. It might help your head not explode. However you handle it, I'm excited that you're writing it! And I hope you don't stay depressed over it for long. Even widely acclaimed, prolific writers have their own process demons. Think of this as...birthing pangs? Too cliche?
01-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Working on my book
I have some people lined up for that but it needs to flow more easily before I can do that. I worked on it a lot over the last few days and I think I have scrubbed some of the repetition issues. I also worry if it is too long but will decide on that once it is done. Thanks for your support.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Working on my book
Sending you good vibes for creative progress.

BTW, are you aware that we purchased a copy of a certain "Chicken Soup" book as a holiday gift for ourselves? Wink

MDs
01-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
May trigger Frustrated re book The People 1 1,605 06-09-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: mosaic
Sad My book The People 4 2,447 07-24-2019, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Five of Hearts